Running Wild!!!!!!!

SNK/Playmore has revealed that KOF's New Heroes Team will include Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi of Fatal Fury. They will have the Garou: Mark of Wolves look. I've been a big fan of King of Fighters since 94 so I can't wait. The game will be in arcades but when will a KOF game be released on consoles?

post-26-1067400371.jpg

Griffon Mask is from Mark of the Wolves, a Fatal Fury game that takes place a pit in the future (2009? I haven't played it in a while). He's plays like a Capcom grappler, with the 360s and such. Terry is pretty old int he game, but still getting around. That's his look from MotW in 03 now. Anyways, what's up with this art? There mixing Nona with Falcoon now? I'm not a fan of Nona, and have been following Falcoon for a few years now via his website (where most of the KoF pictures come from. He's not doing anymore free art anymore though :( ) so I hope they let him do all the character sketches. His art's like that of FLCL. Big lips :p

And the ebst part is, to follow Mark of the Wolve's story, the Fatal Fury team will have to win King of Fighters somewheres down the line, as Griffon Mask's background in MotW was that he was the KoF champion one year. I think it was 2007?

The game will be in arcades but when will a KOF game be released on consoles?

Word on the street is that the latest KOF games will be released for the PS2 in the near future (with Metal Slug soon to follow-woo hoo!). Check it out:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=133

Ahh, you can't beat 2-D goodness. B))

It will be intersting to see this years KOF.

I just hope that Tizoc and Terry arent the same sprites from Garou. If so they will look totally out of place with the rest of the KOF crew. It was bad enough that SVC Chaos had the Hugo sprite from SF3 mixed with the other KOF sprites. :ph34r:

I think it's safe to say SNKP won't re-use the old MOTW sprites. If you compare MOTW sprites with KOF sprites, you'll notice the KOF characters are larger than MOTW characters. Sure, SNKP could resize MOTW sprites to make them larger, but then the sprites would look like crap. The sprites will, most likely, be heavily influenced by MOTW, but completely new. After all, when SNK decided to put Nakoruru in KOF 2k as a striker, they gave her all new sprites instead of cutting & pasting from SS.

Any word on how my baby Mai's gonna' look like? If there's any sense in the SNK camp, they'll take the Capcom rendition of her and........put much less clothing on her........

Mai will probably look the same. Maybe now she'll form like a second Fatal Fury team. Her, Andy, and someone else. I doubt the little ninja kid from MotW (Hokutaru or something. I haven't played the game since I sould my Neo Geo a couple years back) is old enough to participate, seeing how Rock is still to young. Blue Mary, maybe? Hell, maybe even that one kid from Real Bout 2 and the Playstation only Fatal Fury game with White as the boss. I think his name was Alfred. Anyways, I definetly can't wait to see this KoF either :)