Yawn!

Ratchet

<_<

I haven't bought a Valk in 3-4 years?

I seem to be cured of that nostalgia fever I had from 2001 to 2003.

Infect me!

More like 1986 to 2003!!!!

(with the exception of that 89/90 Bandai re-issue)

Your crazy.

YF-21 is coming, i implore you to watch the final fight between Guld and the Ghost (movie ending). If that doesn't do anything for you then your hanging around in the wrong place. :p

Same-o, lame-o.

that's funny, the topic title perfectly encapsulates both my thoughts on your whiny bitch post and you.

Is there some history between you two? I don't want to see you two having a jilted lovers fight.

Ok, out of respect for my friends here that like the talking robots, I'm not going to bad mouth Transformers. Besides, I still have couple from my TF collecting days and childhood (although the only ones displayed are my AFA Hound which my mom got me a couple years ago for X-mas, and an MIB Matsushiro Jetfire I pieced together over years of ebay hunting). However, I will bad mouth the fact that you obviously don't have a clue about the state of Macross right now or how exciting it is. Here's why you're ignorant:

1/48's are seemingly more affordable and available now than ever.

Yamato is scaling all their line to 1/60, which is very cool to truly see the difference in the size of valks.

Bandai is re-releasing 1/55's and old model kits

Hasegawa is re-releasing kits like the 1D and Minmay guard Battroid

Toynami is actually making a semi-good, affordable product with the 1/100's, and they're Macross not Robotech.

Toynami is also re-releasing 1/55's, including some new stuff like DYRL Max with FP's, and possibly going to re-release the Strike 1S, and god willing the ELiNT and Ostrich.

And finally, Bandai has returned to the Macross market with the upcoming Macross Frontier models and DX toys. And so far from what we've seen in the show and prototypes, they're back with a vengence and actually trying to give us great stuff that rivals Yamato.

So if you can't see this is easily the most exciting time in Macross collecting probably since the show's beginning back in the days of Takatoku, you're blind, retarded, or ignorant. I hope it's merely the latter. And after seeing the Transformers Animated line, I wouldn't be parading around with a picture of Ratchet talking about Macross being lame. If you don't like Macross anymore and just came here to start an arguement, then do us all a favor and just go play with with your talking robots and go back to seibertron.com where I'm sure you'll find excellent, more interesting subject matter to discuss with the other 14 year olds on there. And while you're there, tell Ryan I said he's still a little crybaby punk.

Edited by Excillon

I get jaded with this hobby sometimes, it's because one can't always get a complete satisfaction out of one single thing... but the Macross franchise is so diverse there is something to buy out of it everytime - at least for me. There was a time I would focus on the Yamatos, then move on to Bandai/Takas, I'll get the CMS and other gashapons to fill in the gaps, I'll try to complete my Macross anime books, posters, soundtracks - YOU MUST GET THE GOLDBOOK, then back to Yamatos again. With Bandai producing, the DX Macross Frontier Valks, we have one thing more to look forward to already. I'd have gatherings with my fellow Macross fans and talk... well, Macross cuz it isn't just about the toys and we would "poison" each other with stuff we don't already own.

And at the end of the day, I'll put them all in one area of my room and build a Macross shrine - it gets extra special as time progresses. Don't know if you're doing that already if you haven't maybe you should try that.