Who sings the better versions of the MF Songs?

VFTF1

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who sings the better versions of the MF Songs?

• Sheryl - they're HER songs! That's how they're SUPPOSED to sound! And they sound great!
    • Ranka - Sheryl's singing is manufactured! Ranka sings from the heart! You know it's true!

I can't really answer, since they're so different. Sheryl's versions are layered with production and all sorts of little studio touches, Ranka's are either a capella or more spontaneous. What's better, Nirvana in the studio or Nirvana Unplugged? If you're like me, it depends on your mood.

It also helps that I like both singers' voices. May'n has a strange, silvery, sometimes gritty quality, whereas Megumi Nakajima has a very pure voice, and brings a lot of enthusiasm.

I have to admit, my opinion is colored by my impression of each lady's personality, and my favor of Sheryl as a character over Ranka does influence my choice in their singing, but I will try to be objective...

Ranka, to me, is the idealistic, talented karaoke singer with dreams of something bigger. She's unrefined, but spontaneous, and probably has a lot more raw potential than Sheryl. As of Episode 5, she sings to try and draw something out of herself.

Sheryl, on the other hand, is practiced and professional. Her songs are certainly layered with production effects, etc, but she has also gone past the phase where she's trying to find the music within herself and is instead performing to give that emotion and energy to others, to be inspirational and entertaining.

Give it some time and Ranka will probably surpass Sheryl, I have little doubt. However, for now I'm gonna stick with Sheryl as the better voice behind the music.

Nooo!!! Ranka is loosing AGAIN!!!

I feel like Terrorsaur in season one of Beast Wars...I just want to screeeeeeech!!!

No matter what I try - I keep loosing!! Curse you cruel world!

VFTF1

I'm going to close this poll. Minus the episode threads, we have 4 other polls going on, including this one. You can create a new poll once those other polls die off.