While I thought this season only had one or two good episodes so far,"Now Museum, Now You Don't" is one of the funniest in the series so far I thought. Great use of many characters.

Another possible clue to Dr. Tara Quymn being Jonas Venture's daughter is that when Col. Gentleman decks Rusty at the museum party he yells "And that's for breaking my step-daughter's heart!"

Tara Quymn isn't Col. Gentleman's biological daughter... so who's daughter is she?

Did anyone else notice that when Team Venture came to rescue Rusty they never really did and just kind of left him in the water while handling the bad guys and taking over Spider Skull Island? Sure they took the pirhanas out but still he was just sitting in the water the whole time. I love this episode, you see where all these secondary characters that have been popping up came from. Plus you get the feeling more that even though Jonas did love Rusty his safety was rarely ever that much of a concern for him.

I've always thought that a lot of Jonas' seeming apathy towards his son's peril was based more in his confidence that nothing would actually happen to him more than his lack of concern. The Jonas Venture / Rusty relationship is more or less the time honored stereotypical "Jock dad with a dork son" motif. Jonas thinks his son is "loving every minute of it" like he is but Rusty is really being traumatized repeatedly. I have friends who attest to this kind of treatment at the hands of their fathers... stories of games of catch that resulted in broken noses, tales of "pet the nice dog junior" resulting in nasty bites. Hearing those almost makes me glad my father was crippled... in a sense my childhood was reversed, I was the one constantly pushing my dad to do things he didn't want to do or wasn't comfortable doing.

Did anyone else notice that when Team Venture came to rescue Rusty they never really did and just kind of left him in the water while handling the bad guys and taking over Spider Skull Island? Sure they took the pirhanas out but still he was just sitting in the water the whole time. I love this episode, you see where all these secondary characters that have been popping up came from. Plus you get the feeling more that even though Jonas did love Rusty his safety was rarely ever that much of a concern for him.

No. The aquatic guy (who's name I forget) took Rusty out of the water, and handed him to HELPER, right after sending the pirahnas after the villains.

No. The aquatic guy (who's name I forget) took Rusty out of the water, and handed him to HELPER, right after sending the pirahnas after the villains.

Oh I just remember the fish jumping out. I will have to rewatch it on my DVR now.

"hah had you going there for a moment!" ^_^

I like how Colbert's too "big" for Cartoon Network now. <_<

I noticed that too and was upset. So he can come back for season 2 but now is too big to come back for season 3. And whatever happened to his own cartoon Tek Jensen???

I just need one more hit of that sweet, sweet dart!

It's like bein' sucked off by an angel!

I have not laughed this hard all season. I have my new favorite episode. "The Lepidopterists"...

Funniest Episode!!!! The pirate made me laugh out loud, which I RARELY do for TV/Movies

Also think they were referencing voltron with the "go venture forice!!" But the episode definatley had a Star Trek II vibe going on with the monarch commanding the cocoon.

Edited by Mechinyun

Oh yeah, the reference to Voltron and all-things-chogokin was unmistakable. Just went back to finish watching the rest of the ep. 21 and 24's "tormenting" No 1 was priceless!

--I know it sounds crazy, but they both have that rare blend of expendable and invulnerable that makes for a perfect henchman.

I can't wait to see how this new Arching assignment plays itself out. When I saw that the Monarch was approaching Spider Skull Island at the end of the last ep., I was like "uh-oh, the repercussions of this ought make for some interesting ep's later in the season..." It begs the question: when Rusty finds out that The Monarch is now arching J.J., will it make him even more insecure? will he get jealous? think that J.J. is "stealing everything from him, even his nemesis"? Could it be the proverbial "last straw" that pushes Rusty into choosing the path of the Arch that even Dr. Killinger couldn't steer him down?

The Dark S-7 Maneuver was comic genius!

Oh yeah, the reference to Voltron and all-things-chogokin was unmistakable. Just went back to finish watching the rest of the ep. 21 and 24's "tormenting" No 1 was priceless!

--I know it sounds crazy, but they both have that rare blend of expendable and invulnerable that makes for a perfect henchman.

I can't wait to see how this new Arching assignment plays itself out. When I saw that the Monarch was approaching Spider Skull Island at the end of the last ep., I was like "uh-oh, the repercussions of this ought make for some interesting ep's later in the season..." It begs the question: when Rusty finds out that The Monarch is now arching J.J., will it make him even more insecure? will he get jealous? think that J.J. is "stealing everything from him, even his nemesis"? Could it be the proverbial "last straw" that pushes Rusty into choosing the path of the Arch that even Dr. Killinger couldn't steer him down?

The Dark S-7 Maneuver was comic genius!

Apparently the "lethal force" clause was broken by both of them, that lead to alot of confusion. Dr Girlfriend finds a loophole that because Jonas tired to kill Monarch he can target relatives ie Rusty. So it's back on. :D

Is there any way to say there's a "best part" of this show? No way, too awesome. I love 21 and 24 giving the new guy such a hard time too. And of course the ultra death-ray. "If it was a woman I'd marry it." "And I'd jepardize our friendship by nailing your hot wife."

True proof that the Monarch is a genius. Now he may go after the Venture he really wants. Easily one of the best eps period. I saw the preview for the next one. What??? Brock fired!!!! Damn Friday is so far away.

ORB is fuggin fun-ny!

Lots of revelations! Even more hilarious one-liners!

--You take this hot wad o' cash and do what you gotta do. An' don't you DARE ask me what I did to get those $100 bills!

--Colonel Venture! It's Tesla, and he's with the Avon Ladies! They have us surrounded!"

--Rusty Venture...brought to you by: Smoking!

:lol:

Edited by reddsun1

I might cry when this season ends. :( It was easily one of the most awesome events on TV ever. It's rare that a show can go from awesome in one season into legendary the next. I can't wait 2 more years for another season. I'm near Georgia maybe I can "remind" those guys why they need to give them the green light sooner...

I might cry when this season ends. :( It was easily one of the most awesome events on TV ever. It's rare that a show can go from awesome in one season into legendary the next. I can't wait 2 more years for another season. I'm near Georgia maybe I can "remind" those guys why they need to give them the green light sooner...

They ordered next season, the same time they ordered this season, so it shouldn't be such a long wait.

Hopefully....

But it takes away from the feeling eariler in the season when it looked like Brock was just dumped off - he had a real purpose there. But it's kinda odd that Jonas Sr. would want to go "hey wat does THIS button do?!" and get himself the axe. I'm wondering if Kano jumped the gun.

So who do you guys think are going to make a grab for the orb next week - Monarch or Phantom Limb?

I'm not so sure it's an issue of "what does this button do" as much as it is the urge to turn the ORB on. It seems that the point of no return is that decision. Rusty avoids it by saying he is going to study the Orb... studying it does not imply switching it on. Knowing what we do of Jonas Venture I would say his intent was to switch it on.

As for the finale/cliffhanger of this season I've seen a lot of stills from the last two episodes online and in various other places. We have a LOT that is going to happen. Old characters may return en masse, new characters are going to appear and some unexplained choices are apparently going to be made. I'd say more but then I'd have to execute my Orders Relating to Bodyguard.

I'm not so sure it's an issue of "what does this button do" as much as it is the urge to turn the ORB on. It seems that the point of no return is that decision. Rusty avoids it by saying he is going to study the Orb... studying it does not imply switching it on. Knowing what we do of Jonas Venture I would say his intent was to switch it on.

That's what I meant - wanting to throw the switch and see what happens instead of making sure it's a force of good. Just throwing in a Dexter's Lab reference.

I'm inclined to believe Jonas studied it and actually knew what it was but ran afoul of the age old Guild "Orders Regarding Bodyguard".

After all, he had time to hide or re-hide it before he was killed. When you think about it, it makes no sense that he would be killed only to have everyone put everything back where it was so someone else could find it. All the clues in the cartoon were probably placed there by Jonas... which leads one to believe he found it when Rusty was a kid then took his sweet time studying it before finally deciding to turn it on. After all, Jonas didn't die until Rusty was in college.