Now taking Glaug pre-orders

Justiciar

I'm pleased to announce that I'm now accepting pre-orders for the first printing of my version of the ol' Glaug.

What do you mean by first printing? I'm glad you asked. Instead of giving a hard limit to how many will be in this release, I'm going to keep the pre-order period open until midnight, June 8. However many pre-orders come in by then is how many will be cast.

It's always possible that there will be demand for a second printing, but there are two things to keep in mind there. First, a second printing won't happen until I'm done with the other 20+ models that are currently awaiting casting. Second, once all those are done, I'm most likely going to be leaving the casting business and getting back into aviation. This has been an...interesting...interlude, but it's just about time to get back to the real world.

The model is made from resin and is fully pose-able. Scale is ~1/300. Pricing will be $15-$17 apiece, depending on the final tally. Shipping will begin soon after casting ends and I'll post payment details then. Note that I will not accept payment in any form until I'm ready to ship.

Just post your handle and quantity desired in this thread and we'll use that for the tally.

Thanks.

Incidentally, I don't know how to create thumbnails and did not see a prohibition against full-size pics (though I could have missed it). Say the word if it needs to change and it'll be done.

Glaug1.jpg

Glaug2.jpg

Glaug3.jpg

Glaug4.jpg

Glaug5.jpg

Glaug6.jpg

friends.jpg

Nice looking work, man; very impressive. ^_^ You've put an amazing amount of detail in such a small subject. How many points of articulation will be on this? Will it be flexible at the knees, arms, elbows as well as the hip? And with it being a resin cast, are you including commercial joints (like the ones made by yellowsub and wave) with the kits?

Nice looking work, man; very impressive. ^_^ You've put an amazing amount of detail in such a small subject. How many points of articulation will be on this? Will it be flexible at the knees, arms, elbows as well as the hip? And with it being a resin cast, are you including commercial joints (like the ones made by yellowsub and wave) with the kits?

Most of the joints are snap-fit. They're designed to allow you to pose them as you wish, but they're not toys. The friction will keep them in place long enough for you to glue it together. A very few (toes, knees, waist, top gun) won't ever require glue.

Pretty much what you see is what you get.

Glaugbreakdown.jpg

These look great how do they compare to the original Ral- Partha equivalent ? I have one but yours is far more poseable.

I don't have a RP Marauder to compare to, but I do have their Warhammer to compare to my Tomahawk:

group1.jpg

toma3.jpg

img_0177.jpg

Tomahawk1.jpg

Ral Partha's are hand-sculpted with the artists using a calibrated Mk 1 eyeball and are a pretty good effort. For my versions, the official schematics/orthogonal drawings were used as a template in CAD to generate a mesh, which was subsequently printed out on a 3D printer. That prototype is what the molds are taken from.

A lot of care was taken to keep them just about as accurate as possible with very few changes.

Sorry I can't help on the scale. Right now I have people requesting the same figure in 1/300, 1/285, 1/200, 1/160, 1/72, 1/60 and 1/55. I'd like to do it, but it's just too hard to support that many different scales (and volume being cubic, the prototype cost goes up real fast). There's a chance I'll revisit 1/160 (N-Scale). There's also a chance that I'll do try one of the big ones. Both of those would be quite a while down the road and the latter would require significant commitments.

I'm sure you'll find the cash for at least a dozen of these little gems :D

My boss (read: wife) is making me wait a week before the next announcement concerning the Glaug.

Thanks and I've added you both to the list.

The Tomahawk hasn't been released yet, so don't worry about missing it. No one has missed anything. Yes, it was supposed to be released first, but there have been a few delays with casting that one. I had a couple of early generation prototypes that weren't going to be used for anything and decided to have them painted.

Yes, I'll announce when the Tomahawk is ready.

Sign me up for a Glaug and a Tomahawk down the road - especially if they're available in a clear color. They're a little small for me - especially since I don't wargame anymore, but I think your work is exceptional in terms of both detail and all the insight you've demonstrated in your arrangement of the individual components... Not to overlook the fact that you're taking all the effort and expense to make them in the first place!

Edited by AcroRay