Macross CD - Snowing in the Milky Way

MilSpex

I don't have it, but I know what it is...it's a Macross Christmas album, with instrumental music and a few original songs. The only ones I've heard are the two that are on Macross The Complete: "White Christmas Memories," sung by Misa, and "The Jingle Bells are Lost," sung by Kim, Shammy, and Vanessa. Neither of the songs are very good, IMHO, and those are the only songs on the album to be sung by Macross cast members.

It also features a short story about Christmas on board the Macross, before they get back to earth.

Now THAT I'd love to get my hands on...so if you buy the CD, please scan it and put it up here! :D

Any chance you could upload a scan of the story...? I would love to translate it.

Do you speak japanese?? Great!

I would love to see the story translated. Give me a couple of days to scan it. :)

Thanks!

Do you speak japanese?? Great!

I would love to see the story translated. Give me a couple of days to scan it. :)

Thanks!

And give me a while to translate it...I'm not fluent, so I have to work slowly, looking up kanji as I go...

But yeah! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and the bigger the scan is, the better. I'm going to need to count the strokes on a lot of the kanji...

Edited by Gubaba

I don't have it, but I know what it is...it's a Macross Christmas album, with instrumental music and a few original songs. The only ones I've heard are the two that are on Macross The Complete: "White Christmas Memories," sung by Misa, and "The Jingle Bells are Lost," sung by Kim, Shammy, and Vanessa. Neither of the songs are very good, IMHO, and those are the only songs on the album to be sung by Macross cast members.

It also features a short story about Christmas on board the Macross, before they get back to earth.

Now THAT I'd love to get my hands on...so if you buy the CD, please scan it and put it up here! :D

Thanks for your reply.

I don`t have the funds right now (one copy was going for 20,000yen, and another for 5000) But one day..

And give me a while to translate it...I'm not fluent, so I have to work slowly, looking up kanji as I go...

But yeah! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and the bigger the scan is, the better. I'm going to need to count the strokes on a lot of the kanji...

Gubaba, you and cool8or rock! Please post the translation when you guys are done. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Almost done translating the story. If I give it a big push, I might finish it tonight. On the other hand, I just spent the last hour figuring out a paragraph that was incomprehensible at first. Finally got it, but I feel like putting the story away for the evening.

By the way...once I'm done, is there any way I can put it up in the translations section of the website? Or should I just send it to boinger to get it up on iMacross?

OKAY! I just finished...well...I finished a first draft of the translation. It reads pretty well, though.

It's not a great story that answers every question you've ever had about Macross, but it's cute, and you gt to find out what happened on Christmas Eve of 2009, before the Macross returned to earth.

There are still a few bits I'm unsure aout, so if Renato or Shun or Shouta or somebody feels like going over it, please...be my guest.

Now...Azrael? Graham? Where can I post it?

Just downloaded and listened to the rip on imacross.org (thanks Gubaba) and its terrible in parts and really beautiful in others. I`ll buy it eventually because its CD or nothing for me these days.

Edited by MilSpex

I plan to snag a copy where ever it crops up and read this asap.

Thanks Gubaba!

I decided to translate Ishiguro's introduction to it as well (Man, that guy writes long sentences!). Should be done later tonight, and then I'll send it to you.

I bought that CD when I was studying in Perth, Australia. Did not realised it is worth that much. I am glad someone is translating it now the Radio Drama in the CD. Thanks guys !

I translated the short story in the liner notes...if you want the Bridge bunny chatter, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit longer...sorry.

Anyway, I sent the document file off to boinger, so if should be showing up on iMacross soon.