all 1/60s remade to 1/48?

st7maveric

• 2 weeks later...

well , if they do then I frankly don´t see what was the whole point of having a 1/60 line ; if they eventually release every 1/60 toy in 1/48 scale then I hope they don´t make the same (intentional?) mistake of producing lesser/crappier lines for other series such as M0 (M+ toys are already out in 1/72 so it´s a bit late to mention them).

well , if they do then I frankly don´t see what was the whole point of having a 1/60 line ; if they eventually release every 1/60 toy in 1/48 scale then I hope they don´t make the same (intentional?) mistake of producing lesser/crappier lines for other series such as M0 (M+ toys are already out in 1/72 so it´s a bit late to mention them).

Maybe the 1/60 was to test the waters before embarking on something as ambitious as a 1/48 line? Maybe the orginal 1/48 Hikaru was truly going to be a one shot, and at the realization that there would be a market for it, Yamato went full steam ahead? Who knows. The announcement for the first 1/48 VF-1A was sort of bittersweet for me because I already had so much cash invested in the 1/60 line at that point. My initial line of thought was "Why didn't they do this in the first place? Why did I waste money on an inferior toy?" I got over it though. My 1/60 are still amusing ( :lol: ), but the 1/48 are too cool for me to pass up. If they released every single 1/60 Valk in 1/48, I'd still buy 'em. I'd be poor, and I might try to sell the 1/60 that I still have boxed up, but hey...

Edited by Draykov

I think it will depend on the continuing popularity of the 1/48 line.

Yamato is releasing the VF-1J standalone and with TV-style fast packs (instead of just going the cheap route and using the DRYL fast packs).

Maybe the popularity of the deluxe VF-1J package will determine if Yamato is willing to go as far as VE and VT editions.

Bring on the 1/48's. I'll take as many as I can get, and just cause they make em, doesn't mean ya gotta buy them. I'm just glad I have that option, I can still remember when it was vintage or nothing, I'm glad to have multiple options now.

Amen!

I hope so becuse I got rid of my 1/60's in favor of the 1/48's

I am in the process of doing that now!

I have some still in the box. Perhaps I should do the same.

Edited by Draykov