1/12 ride armor redux

Alex

Here`s the figure so far. Looks like it`s going to be Ray with Stick`s arm guatrds since I like them so much. Bike coming soon along with more WIP of the figure.

Nice job Alex. I can't wait to see more more more!

:ph34r:

heh im partway through doing one as well from a few months ago, not touched it for ages, using a marvel legends figure base. Pity the bike is sooooo flimsy, but looks cool regardless. I was trying to use magnets to help hold it together, but got too weak a powered ones... oh well.

you gonna bother with the bike as well?

heh im partway through doing one as well from a few months ago, not touched it for ages, using a marvel legends figure base. Pity the bike is sooooo flimsy, but looks cool regardless. I was trying to use magnets to help hold it together, but got too weak a powered ones... oh well.

you gonna bother with the bike as well?

Of course. I'm covering the seat in faux leather and making the various pylons die-cast. The joints in the feet, the connection for the waist plates etc are going to be made using Revoltech joints.

I have four sets of hands in different poses too.

Can you post a few pics of your 1/12? Mine looks a bit odd in the pics because i'm just test fitting certain parts.

Edited by Alex

Very cool. Nice work B))

Two very different approaches to the same thing. I like the beefiness of the figure you used. Make it Jim in that armor :lol:

You are a LOT further along in yours than I am. I pretty much only started two days ago.

Any more pics? What about the head?

heh thanks.

no more pics that are actually showing anything else better, as for the head, i was tossing up between using the head it comes with, as it seems ok when its all made up, or recasting a marvel legend head to use it it.

The ride armour i had mostly built, then pulled apart to put in magnets and metal strips, but its on hold till i get better magents =-( damn things are way to expensive!@

=-)

heh thanks.

no more pics that are actually showing anything else better, as for the head, i was tossing up between using the head it comes with, as it seems ok when its all made up, or recasting a marvel legend head to use it it.

The ride armour i had mostly built, then pulled apart to put in magnets and metal strips, but its on hold till i get better magents =-( damn things are way to expensive!@

=-)

Where exactly are you placing magnets?

Wow!! You guys got some awesome stuff goin on there. Damn!!

You guys have inspired me to try to make a Houquet/Rook Rider figure for the cyclone in my avatar. Do you guys, or anyone else have any suggestions on a figure I could use to base it off of. Are revoltech joints able to be bought, or do you salvage them from figures you have Alex? The bike in my avatar is also the 1/12 Imai. so the figure would have to be in line with that, any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work guys, I cant wait to see these guys finished!!

Thanks ^_^

As for the type of "mandoll" it really depends on what you're going for. I'm after a more retro feel to the figure. Sam seems to be

going for a more modern figure. I picked mine up in a Kotobukiya. Not sure what you have in your area.

I cannibalized an Eva Revoltech for mine. I think you can buy them seperately tho.

Im thinking its gonna be fun n games doing the thighs ^_^ Gonna plate it up or just paint the cloth?

*sorry I missed the question of who im doing, no-one in particular,they are backburnered a little bit ATM hehe*

The crotch is prob too far away now for a transform into ride then bike though, or not an issue?

customising is fun =-)

Here`s a test with some colour added. This is only a practice piece for testing though. I have another kit ready to be made up as the final piece.

Ummmmmm......SUPER COOL!!! When you get the bike finished will you take some more picks of bike and rider and ride armor picks? BTW....I just sent you a PM.

:ph34r:

Great work :) :)

Over the years I have always though that some one should have done armor that would fit on the 12inch ActionMan (GI Joe) figures. the ride armor has always been a favorite of mine.

Edited by big F