SDF-1

007-vf1

My last tread is gone so I did a new one.

This is still a work in progress...

So after 5 months I am almost there. I did a quick-pic on the photo-booth just to see how they come out.

Painting is mostly done but I am hesitant to finish them further. it's been a thrill and time consuming but i don't recommend anyone to build the 1/5000 which is in my opinion the worst one of them. It just needs too much work to make it look decent and even so I still miss detailing on it. But i love the "sport". The other 2 are a charm with the exception of the plastic that's a bit brittle and it takes a lot of gluing to weld. That's about it..

In order of appearance left to right 1/5000, 1/15000 in the middle and 1/8000 left...

post-104-1207079342_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

The painting looks great and adds some size to them. You're right, I've got the 1/5000th and my little Nichimo has better detail!

One suggestion if you don't mind, draw panel lines (light colored) around some of the light painted areas. It will clean up where the masking tape bled. I also agree about the weathering; more is less in this case. No paint chips visible on something this big! Keep up the good work! - MT

Man I love the shading/masking effect there. It adds so much to the model over a simple plain colour. Perhaps inspired by some bare metal aircraft!

Looks great, especially having all three in the one shot for comparison. Thanks for posting!