Final Fantasy Play Arts Figures

hiya, well im deciding if i want to start collecting the FF play art figures. I really want to get the Final Fantasy VII (Game version) figures of cloud, aerith, and tifa. anyone have reviews of these figures? they look really cool and the original char designer actually over-looked the project for these ones and they look a lot better then the advent children ones.

are any of the other series good to collect? (Im also interested in the VIII and XII figs). =]

Ive personally been picking up each of these releases, and while i cant say where any reviews are, i personally have loved each of the releases, but the cream of the crop for me has def been the orig designs from ff 7. Im still waiting for cloud to come into stock with the hardy daytona, but tifa and aerith look beautiful to the designs, nothing really bugs me on the sculpt, they have good articulation, and you can get some cool kick poses from tifa ! the skirt sometimes rides a bit high though, but hey, its great still!

the redos of sep, vincent, and the upcomings of cait and red are whetting my appetite ! lol

you wont regret em if u like tall anime figs( they are like 7-8 inch! bigger than ur marvel legend type figs! )

I have about a dozen of these figures and they are very worth the price (not even that high either). The articulation is pretty decent and the detail is top notch. The figures are a very good representation of the characters, also.

As well as the FF7 figs, I would recommend the motorcycle figure from FF7: AC. The detail on it is really nice and you can pick one up for as low as $40 nowadays.

The only problem i've ever had with a FF play arts figure was that I bought a FFX-2 Paine figure from someone off ebay and when i received it, a leg was broken off at the knee. The joints are plastic so i suppose care should be taken not to force them. The seller claimed it was MISB, but i'm not sure i believe him. (but i got a refund and kept and repaired the toy :lol: )

On a side note, anyone know a seller with the FF7 game version bike?

Edited by RDClip

ya, i really want to start first with the original final fantasy vii chars. is there any sites online that sell them at a good price? or any local areas around southern california to get them? how much is the original cloud with bike cost? i also think the yuffie thats coming out of set 2 looks cool =P

i get mine from Cornerstorecomics, but they are around many online stores, so nothing stands out in particular for good price. theres a few cheapy knock offs on ebay , ive seen a sep on there, looked a bit dodgey though, bad paint etc. www.cornerstorecomics.com and you will see the list of em, happy buying =-)

my reply wont help cuz im in Australia, but if you add them to your checkout, it will give you a rough idea of shipping cost, i believe they mentione because their size of box is larger than regular its not quite accurate, but its an idea =-)

The Play Arts figures in general are decently good, but I find a good number of the faces are not very well made. They either lack personality, look very spaced-out, or just look off on the likeness. But they are well priced and the figures are well built for $20 a pop. Articulation is decent too. I picked up a few, but only pick the ones I really like. Though the new FFVII ones seems to look very close to the original designs, so they might be the best offering in this line.

gotta be careful guys! there're plenty of knock-off FF playarts figures, so it might not be wise to order it from online esp ebay. I wanted to get the FF7AC figures esp Yuffie looks very nice!! but m worried that i'd get the KOs.

i only have the 3 ff7 game figures and pre-ordered the 4 from vol2. Loved ff7 game alot!! cloud's bike not yet out i think. the figures are nice and quite big, my only complaint about vol2 is why didn't they give cait sith his mog?!!!!! :angry::(

Edited by Shun

so i been trying to search for the FFVII game edition figures, but either they are sold out on sites or cost way too much. I notice estarland.com (for 62.XX for all 3) is restocking in april and wondering if other sites would be restocking. Hopefully due to the cloud + bike coming out that they will be restocking on the wave 1 figures.

• 1 year later...

Was going to post this in the "All Things Video Games Thread" but I found this old-ass thread.

The pictures are from Sankaku Complex but I uploaded them here anyway.

I was never really a big fan of Play Arts figures but these overwhelmingly nice.

post-10165-1264474563_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474584_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474591_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474599_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474617_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474635_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474645_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474653_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474667_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474677_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474687_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474694_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1264474702_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

Was going to post this in the "All Things Video Games Thread" but I found this old-ass thread.

The pictures are from Sankaku Complex but I uploaded them here anyway.

I was never really a big fan of Play Arts figures but these overwhelmingly nice.

Agree, both look amazing, so details - so expensive too. :p

Per-order the bike already... might get the 'horse' too.

Edited by macrossnake

Seriously, in terms of music, characters, stories, and main baddy, I'd take VI over VII every day of the week. . . and twice on Sundays.

Give me the psycho clown who

actually succeeds in conquering the world and ruling over it for an entire year

, than that pansy long-haired pretender with the momma's boy complex.

Heck, how about just one Magitek armor? They'd probably fit right in with the style of the figures posted above.