WIP G1 masterpiece jetfire

ZedzDead

so far i'm using DOT reflective tape for the red lines and accents. just used a straight edge and an X-Acto knife. the flash REALLY brings out reflective properties, but in normal lighting it is about as red and the heat sheild. and yes it does look spectacular when the light hits it just right. next i will plan on doing the red line going down the wingspan. then onto the repainting of the FPs to a flat fireman red. will post progress pics as i get done. zedz

post-6833-1203553451_thumb.jpg

post-6833-1203553470_thumb.jpg

so far i'm using DOT reflective tape for the red lines and accents. just used a straight edge and an X-Acto knife. the flash REALLY brings out reflective properties, but in normal lighting it is about as red and the heat sheild. and yes it does look spectacular when the light hits it just right. next i will plan on doing the red line going down the wingspan. then onto the repainting of the FPs to a flat fireman red. will post progress pics as i get done. zedz

Too get that JetFire look...I think you're gonna need to paint that nose cone too brother.

:ph34r:

FYI, Testors "Guard Red" is a nearly perfect match to the Yamato red paint.

I just posted updated photos in my Jetfire thread if you want to take a peek:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21930

actually, i have your thead listed in my favorites! BOWS. i will expand on what you have done by making the thrusters totally acurate, and putting black stripes on the leg armor. the DOT stickers were just for fun, but they rock! keeping them on. i will also use a few of the yamato decals for a more realistic touch, but no "no step" decals thank you. he will be one of a kind as far as macross/jetfire repaints go as i will put all the fine details in at the last minute. i'm worried about the head tho. not sure how to take that thing apart to put the blue transparency on the visor. any suggestions? and credit will go to you for my inspiration on the repaint as well. thanx, zedz

thats why its titled WIP. :rolleyes: J/J i will get to that part of it soon enough. regardless, i'm loving the DOT stickers. ALOT! zedz

I don't know what WIP means. :huh: I swear.....I'll NEVER catch on to some of this computer lingo.

Grand Admiral,

Those pics still make me drool mate ^_^

Work In Progress my friend. far from finished that is. :)

Ahhh....I see......now about thouse WaterSlide Decals.....just google....waterslide decals....and you will find anything you want to know about them. There is soooooooo much information. Intersesting information.

actually, i have your thead listed in my favorites! BOWS. i will expand on what you have done by making the thrusters totally acurate, and putting black stripes on the leg armor. the DOT stickers were just for fun, but they rock! keeping them on. i will also use a few of the yamato decals for a more realistic touch, but no "no step" decals thank you. he will be one of a kind as far as macross/jetfire repaints go as i will put all the fine details in at the last minute. i'm worried about the head tho. not sure how to take that thing apart to put the blue transparency on the visor. any suggestions? and credit will go to you for my inspiration on the repaint as well. thanx, zedz

When I head to my friend's place to deliver the Jetfire, I plan to finish the black stripes on the FAST pack armor and boosters.

I'm going up there next week, so I hope to have some pictures for you guys when it's all done.

Grand Admiral,

Those pics still make me drool mate ^_^

Thanks. It was a LOT of work. :wacko:

Here are a few pics of the Jetfire custom I finished awhile back. Haven't had a chance to take good pics yet but once I get my next two customs done I will be taking some nice quality ones. Enjoy for now.

post-5687-1203581957_thumb.jpg

post-5687-1203581971_thumb.jpg

post-5687-1203581981_thumb.jpg

Yeah I bought a bunch of Autobot sets from reprolabels. The silver, the clear and the jetfire. I did things a bit differently then most. Like painting the black stripes red. It came out pretty good, I might do another to sell. Not sure yet.

ah, looks great! I think taking the extra step to repaint the chest stripes looks fantastic.

Hell yeah......if you're gonna do it......might as well do it.....you know what I mean

Yeah, if you don't get it as close to the original as possible then it is just a custom hikaru 1s. I also painted the arm and leg stripes red which I don't often see. And the Tailfins and leg fins I reversed and painted. I did the head laser housing flat black and the headlasers themselves gunmetal. Painted the front airvents red and did some custom black stripes on the leg armor because they just looked to plain. I even painted the strike cannon because well, it was there. I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out but the actual valk itself has some early manufacturing problems so I don't do much with it. The backpack hinge piece falls out of place too easily and the front vent plops down. It's pretty, just not as functional as I would like. I might make some corrections to those areas to get them to work better.

Yeah, if you don't get it as close to the original as possible then it is just a custom hikaru 1s. I also painted the arm and leg stripes red which I don't often see. And the Tailfins and leg fins I reversed and painted. I did the head laser housing flat black and the headlasers themselves gunmetal. Painted the front airvents red and did some custom black stripes on the leg armor because they just looked to plain. I even painted the strike cannon because well, it was there. I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out but the actual valk itself has some early manufacturing problems so I don't do much with it. The backpack hinge piece falls out of place too easily and the front vent plops down. It's pretty, just not as functional as I would like. I might make some corrections to those areas to get them to work better.

Yeah until you just mentioned it....I did not notice that you had painted the front airvents.....a good idea it is.....yours TOTALLY looks the part of a JetFire.

Yeah, I'd noticed you had. I did some leg stripes because to me it just looked to plain without anything there. I needed to make some change to the area and I never really liked those weird black shape stickers that came with him. I also put black caps on the wingtips and tailfins. I switched the leg tailfin colors just because I thought it looked better with more red there.

very nice guys, i will get to work on mine as soon as time permits. in the meantime, i know i'm not going to redo the red/black on his chest, but that is a very nice touch. it doesnt mean that much to me. i do like the red/blue crystals also on his legs; will keep them. zedz

Why they don't offically release a 1/48 in this color scheme is beyond me. It would sell really good (IMO), they could even call it KOCrap and it wouldn't matter.

1/48th scale, I'm eyeing you still as my next Skyfire.

short answer would be lots of licensing issues... =]

i'm kinda tempted to do one of these too....