Macross from my Wacom's Stylus to you.

Steve

So hey all I'm brand spankin new here! Though I've been one of those on again off again Macross fans since I can remember. Though be it a on again off again fan but now that I see that the interweb has caught up I think I'm stuck on. Anyway just got a new Wacom and just got back into anime after a few year break. Trying to bring my drawing back up to a decent level, I used to do a lot of still-life and portraits as well as constantly sketching anime. Either way life put that on a back burner for me and I'm trying to relearn what I forgot. SO here's my second macross sketch, I like it better than my first so take a look and tell me what you think. I went off of a print out from Mac F.

Also I'm looking for suggestions I'm so busy I don't get to sit and doodle up ideas so I guess I'm accepting outside ideas! Hope you like it and there should be more to come. Thanks

Steve-O

post-7002-1199855356_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Macross World Steve!

You picked a great time to come for a visit. I like your art; that's quite a stylish interpretation of the VF-25. Make sure you check out my website for lots of Macross goodies (see the link below, in my signature). Enjoy! :)

Edited by Mr March

Nifty painting Steve, might want to tone done the background though. The lens flare is a bit cheesy and the stars are a bit too much. Looking forward to seeing more of your work though, as this place is suffering from a lack of actual fan work lately.

And uh, check out my website too? It's just as awesome as Mr March's :-P

Thanks guys Love some good critisim no way to improve without it. The background was something I bases on a Hubble photo I found somewhere. It was really more of a after thought so I wouldn't be stuck with a solid colour background.

Mr March I'm a big fac of your site, I have it bookmarked and bounce onto it everyfew days reading a bit everytime. I'm planning on doing SDF-1 DYRL version soon so your site will be invaluable. Do you have any higher res scans of the line art for the SDF-1 though?

Yellowlightman I've bounced onto your site a few times in my travels very cool!

Spend a hour and a half or so working on this tonight... has a long way to go.

post-7002-1199937656_thumb.jpg

I just had a thought. Why not finish and polish the right hand side and leave the left like a rough sketch. In varying degrees show the picture taking shape?

The unfinished image inspired me...

Something to consider.

Thats a real cool idea actually. However I really really want to see it finished but its fairly normal practice for me to save a new image everytime I save so I can go back and see what I did where. I'm secretly working on some portraits however i'm not satisfied with them at all yet. Its been years since i've done anything manga styled.

I'm using the new Wacom Bamboo Fun, I love it, its inexpensive and it gets the job done. Though depending on how far I can take it and how steady my hand gets I'll probably upgrade to something more sensitive. Cool pic, I actually chose Misa as my first character drawing But I started trying things on that picture and now I refuse to A: deleted it (because deleting is evil) and B: show it... haha.

Looks really cool but the red spot in the explosion looks out of place. Was that intentional?

There were bits of shrapnel in the explosion to begin with and as it developed I worked them out of it. That ones being a bit of a pain though. Its a multilayer explosion and for somereason it won't soften.

There were bits of shrapnel in the explosion to begin with and as it developed I worked them out of it. That ones being a bit of a pain though. Its a multilayer explosion and for some reason it won't soften.

I have attempted to fix the error.

post-7002-1200265478_thumb.jpg

Okay what with my regular job sucking up most of my time, and my attempts to do some freelance work I've been exhausted and blocked. I need some suggestions as to what I could draw next. SO come on people lets get some suggestions for a scene or two I can try. Not just Valks either you name it I'll try it.

Okay what with my regular job sucking up most of my time, and my attempts to do some freelance work I've been exhausted and blocked. I need some suggestions as to what I could draw next. SO come on people lets get some suggestions for a scene or two I can try. Not just Valks either you name it I'll try it.

I'm not allowed to post what I would REALLY want you to draw :D . But I will be thinking hard and let you know when I have something.

:ph34r:

Worked on this tonight, basic layout... should be a load of work in this.

post-7002-1201149180_thumb.jpg

The pink is....ummmmmmm....interesting.....but I like the pic.

Pink is just my bottom layer so that I know where things go. the pink is only temporary.

Ahhh I see. Well then. How are you at drawing Battroid modes? If you can...my personal fav's are Max & Milia Jenius. I would like to see them in a classic back to back action pose if you could. Let me know what you think.

No problem Battleroid isn't any different in setup than drawing a person. Its easier in some ways I'll get on one of those soon. Will probably start it before this picture is finished so I keep myself from getting bored with it, theres alot going on in it already and there should be quite a bit more when its done.

Starting to look a little better should be interesting to see some colour tommorow

post-7002-1201237836_thumb.jpg

Yeah...that looks really nice there Steve. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Wow the weekend plus alcohol equals low productivity. But heres a bit of the work I've gotten done not quite sure if I like it yet or if I'll restart my colouring...Don't mind the green its just a place marker so I can see holes.

post-7002-1201495767_thumb.jpg

Few more hours work... Still not sure...

Misa looks WONDERFUL...I'm not too sure about Minmei though (she's just really hard to get perfect)...Hikaru looks a bit chubby. But all in all....your skill overpowers mine.