For VF-11, Which one is better?

klam1020

Hey! guys. I'm looking for 1/72 VF-11 kits and wanna know which one is better. Club-M or Hobby Base Retppu?

Thank you so much :lol:

PS:I hope someone could give me some pictures about these two kits^_~

Edited by klam1020

Retppu put out 3 1/72 VF-11 kits in total. VF-11B battroid, VF-11C battroid, and VF-11B fighter. So, yes, it does exist. It's pretty rare though.

Hobby used to sell recasts of it years ago. I seem to recall people saying that it was a pretty nice kit, except the nose was a bit flat, giving it a "duck's bill" sort of look.

The Club-M is a nice kit, but it has some fit issues. But that seems to be fairly common for Club-M kits...

post-50-1199355518_thumb.jpg

Retppu put out 3 1/72 VF-11 kits in total. VF-11B battroid, VF-11C battroid, and VF-11B fighter. So, yes, it does exist. It's pretty rare though.

Hobby used to sell recasts of it years ago. I seem to recall people saying that it was a pretty nice kit, except the nose was a bit flat, giving it a "duck's bill" sort of look.

The Club-M is a nice kit, but it has some fit issues. But that seems to be fairly common for Club-M kits...

So both Retppu and Club-m's are VF-11B fighter???

Retppu with fastpack. Club-m without fastpack. Is that possible to build Retppu's VF-11 with no FP?

Ah, yes... the fit issues. yeah that is something I forgot. They're definitely alot of them, but I don't consider them bad to the extent requiring major work (like stuff being unfitable or so out of shape that it needs to be modified). Most (with the exception of the intakes) only required filling once glued... so its not that bad. Actually in a weird way I think it makes it more of a fun project... they are acceptable flaws that involve more work, but nothing as time consuming as scratchbuilding an entire piece.

So both Retppu and Club-m's are VF-11B fighter???

Retppu with fastpack. Club-m without fastpack. Is that possible to build Retppu's VF-11 with no FP?

I forgot to mention, there are actually two versions of the Club-M VF-11. First, there was a Wonderfest exclusive version, which didn't include fast packs. The production version, which came a bit later, includes fast packs and the solid fuel rocket boosters.

I forgot to mention, there are actually two versions of the Club-M VF-11. First, there was a Wonderfest exclusive version, which didn't include fast packs. The production version, which came a bit later, includes fast packs and the solid fuel rocket boosters.

Wow good memory man, I don't think many people even know there was a WF VF-11 with no fastpacks. I actually have this version and it's partially built. I wish I had the fast pack version. I like the fastpacks on this fighter.

Wow good memory man, I don't think many people even know there was a WF VF-11 with no fastpacks. I actually have this version and it's partially built. I wish I had the fast pack version. I like the fastpacks on this fighter.

Honestly, the fast packs are kind of a pain. The leg packs don't fit too well, and the mounts on the boosters are useless for getting them properly aligned on the fuselage.

It's definitely one of those kits that CAN become a great model, but it'll take a bit of work.

But I'm still praying Hasegawa will make a VF-11 kit eventually :p

At this point, you thought Club-m's is better?

Edited by klam1020

I just wondering if it is possinle to replace the nose part by a recast of 1/72 Yamato VF-11B. :lol:

I really wish people would post some build up pics of the VF-11 fighter mode...

I've got one partially built (major assemblies cleaned and re-etched), test fitted, and probably would only be an even or two of work to put it all together. However, I don't have an airbrush to finish it with (I've moved back towards airbrushing for painting)... so don't expect to see one soon from me.

Edited by Noyhauser