Which toyline to focus on?

Rhapsodyred99

I'd stay with the 1/60th line. Buy one 1/48 VF-1S for the size and detail, but if you want to collect a whole line stick with the 1/60th series. It'll be easier on your wallet. I also recommend you grab the 1/55 super reissue. The 1/55 might not be the fanciest VF toy made, but it still looks good and is a lot of fun to play around with.

Oh and on the subject of the very dead horse known as Toynami, I don't think the alpha's are all that bad, but I was disappointed by their really awful friction joints. Within a day my alpha's arms were sagging, their pathetic friction joints unable to bear the weight of the diecast Toynami put in them. I think the legs sort of have something resembling ratchet joints as I get something that feels like ratcheted resistance when I move them, but I don't hear the satisfying click click that a really good ratchet joint should make. I collect alot of high end Japanese toys, from Bandai's SOCs, Takatomy's MP's and BTs, Yamato's Valks, and Hot Toy's 1/6th figures. True all have problems, but the wow factor that these toys have, in regards to their detail and the quality and flat out audacity of their engineering, allows me to over look some of their short comings. I have yet to encounter a Toynami toy that absolutely floors me in the same manner.

Edited by GobotFool

If you like the 1/48s get the ones you want now while you can, because other than reissues and alternate color schemes, the 1/48 line is dead.

Yamato is unifying the transformable toy line in 1/60 scale. :) So there will be the new 1/60 VF-1s (including two seaters), the 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21, the VF-0s and SV-51s, and the Q-raus.

M7 valks are only available in 1/65 scale from Bandai. They are chunky-munkys and look like crap compared to the Yamato valks. There is no VF-17 from Yamato unfortunately, which many lament (none more so than Graham).

Yamato will most likely make the Max and Miria 1J Supers in the new 1/60 line. They did so for the old line, and they did so in 1/48 scale. That couple is popular. :)

Thanks for the great summary of recent 'toy news' Sumdumgai - much appreciated.

^_^