How to clean a valk

Major Focker

finally got my 1/60 VF-1S and excitedly placed it beside the other valks. it looks great in pristine white, but my other valks are now in varying shades of off-white, the oldest bordering on very faint grey. non of them were yellowing so i would attribute it to dust over the years that have stuck despite the periodic dusting i did.

how do you guys clean your valks? what cleaning products can i use that wouldn't damage the paint job, or cause plastic discoloration problems later on?

appreciate your tips. thanks.

Diluted isopropyl acolhol and a cotton rag work well. A weekly treatment with a feather duster will prevent a big buildup from accumulating too.

*edit - I should mention that the 1/60 VF-1S was always a bit more gray in color, the 1A Hikaru was always a bit more bright white, and the 1A Max was slightly less bright white to begin with *

Edited by Hiriyu

Purchase a large broad paint brush. The type that has horse britlses with a semi-firmness. It is very useful to clean and dust your valkyrie, plus it works it's way into the nooks and crannies and get's all the dust out. I've been doing this for a few years and the results are very satisfying. My work/display are accumulates a lot of dust, so I clean everything at least four times a year.