Why do these companies make Macross toys

geecie30

I am 36 years old.I was sitting on my bed with a revoltech vf-1s posing this new figure when it dawned on me that there probably must be more people out there like me that are doing the same .(I couldn't imagine this breakable toy in the hands of a rough handed child as it isn't durable enough like a tonka truck and there are many losable parts that need guarding).If there weren't ,the company making this stuff couldn't afford to keep the operation going. I am a mere person.Are there people elsewhere that help these companies going?

I love this stuff.I hope they stay afloat a long time with our and my minor contributions to the pool. I do however think its possible that maybe a huge group somewhere must also be keeping these companies going.I just don't know where they are. If only 10 people bought Pepsi then They couldn't keep the factories going.Maybe someone here knows where the lions share of collectors reside?

Just a random curiosity. I like antiques and jewelry collecting.These toys are as special to me as Edwardian and Victorian jewelry can be with me.I think of them as similar and equal in importance. Will I continue this madness forever? I wonder what the future holds. We need a museum to share the importance of robot madness or something.

I am 36 years old.I was sitting on my bed with a revoltech vf-1s posing this new figure when it dawned on me that there probably must be more people out there like me that are doing the same .(I couldn't imagine this breakable toy in the hands of a rough handed child as it isn't durable enough like a tonka truck and there are many losable parts that need guarding).If there weren't ,the company making this stuff couldn't afford to keep the operation going. I am a mere person.Are there people elsewhere that help these companies going?

I love this stuff.I hope they stay afloat a long time with our and my minor contributions to the pool. I do however think its possible that maybe a huge group somewhere must also be keeping these companies going.I just don't know where they are. If only 10 people bought Pepsi then They couldn't keep the factories going.Maybe someone here knows where the lions share of collectors reside?

Just a random curiosity. I like antiques and jewelry collecting.These toys are as special to me as Edwardian and Victorian jewelry can be with me.I think of them as similar and equal in importance. Will I continue this madness forever? I wonder what the future holds. We need a museum to share the importance of robot madness or something.

I wonder if Grahm can get some sales numbers out of Yamato. I would be curious to know how many units they sell. ????

I am 36 years old.I was sitting on my bed with a revoltech vf-1s posing this new figure

Woh! Too much information :blink:

You could have just said you were posing the figure. The bed part has my sick little mind racing to all sorts of conclusions :ph34r:

I'll never look at my Revoltech VF-1 the same again. Now where are my Patlabor figures :unsure:

I do not know for sure but if these companies were not making money off of the Macross Merchandising then I do not think they would continue. These are businesses after all and if a product line does not make money they will discontinue it. I doubt that there is some sort of group of uber-wealthy macross philanthropists who are throwing money at Yamato, Kaiyodo, Bandai, CMS and the rest so that the companies will make the toys they want. I could be wrong about that though. Maybe I misunderstand this question though.

The nostalgia toy market has to be significant. I've never seen sales figures and I doubt adult nostalgia buyers come close to the pre-teen toy markets. But just based on encounters with adult toy owners in everyday life and the sheer size of the product lines year after year, it's obvious there is a sizeable market. These companies wouldn't be making these massive product lines if they weren't selling.

I can't speak for collectors, because I'm not one myself, but some adult fans can buy an awful lot of stuff. I've seen collections that would blow your mind (many here on MW have pictures of their vast toy landscapes). I think it's got to the point where even non-fans buy toys in adulthood, though to a much lesser degree. You look around the average office and see how many people have toys on their desks. In certain industries it's even more common. I remember going to visit my friend at Critical Mass (a graphic design company). The entire office of some 50 employees was a multi-colored forest of fandom merchandise. Every desk had anime figures, comic books in bags, Simpsons statues, film monsters, Pixar film plushies, super hero figures and there was even a fella that had two VF-1 Yammies on his desk.

The nostalgia toy market has to be significant. I've never seen sales figures and I doubt adult nostalgia buyers come close to the pre-teen toy markets. But just based on encounters with adult toy owners in everyday life and the sheer size of the product lines year after year, it's obvious there is a sizeable market. These companies wouldn't be making these massive product lines if they weren't selling.

I can't speak for collectors, because I'm not one myself, but some adult fans can buy an awful lot of stuff. I've seen collections that would blow your mind (many here on MW have pictures of their vast toy landscapes). I think it's got to the point where even non-fans buy toys in adulthood, though to a much lesser degree. You look around the average office and see how many people have toys on their desks. In certain industries it's even more common. I remember going to visit my friend at Critical Mass (a graphic design company). The entire office of some 50 employees was a multi-colored forest of fandom merchandise. Every desk had anime figures, comic books in bags, Simpsons statues, film monsters, Pixar film plushies, super hero figures and there was even a fella that had two VF-1 Yammies on his desk.

The company I work at is a bit like that omy departments small office has all sorts of stuff on desks, another office on the floor above me is like a homage to all things cartoon and plastic. one desk even has a life size plastic Kangaroo on it.

I will of cause be adding my own stuff soon.

Edited by big F

Woh! Too much information :blink:

You could have just said you were posing the figure. The bed part has my sick little mind racing to all sorts of conclusions :ph34r:

I'll never look at my Revoltech VF-1 the same again. Now where are my Patlabor figures :unsure:

Why? :p maybe geecie30's a she? :p I wouldn't have any problem with a chick sitting on her bed playing wit a poseable Valkyrie. :lol::p :P ... don't mind us. >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie