Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S

maxjr

how did you get the panel lining so perfect?

did you use a marker or a paint brush and let the thin paint run down the lines and then use thinner to clean up the excess?

thanks, any info would really help as i am currently building the vf-0s

I'd love to know more about this too. Also, which paint did you use for the gun pod and the thrusters please?

And what a great looking result! Well done.

how did you get the panel lining so perfect?

did you use a marker or a paint brush and let the thin paint run down the lines and then use thinner to clean up the excess?

thanks, any info would really help as i am currently building the vf-0s

I used Tamiya enamel paint 'flat black' to wash the panel lines. The key is to "pre-scribe" the panel lines. This will help the paint stay in the recess when applying the wash later.

Edited by maxjr

I'd love to know more about this too. Also, which paint did you use for the gun pod and the thrusters please?

And what a great looking result! Well done.

I painted GSI Creos SM03 Super Iron first, then I painted clear orange and clear blue for the burnt effect.

BEAUTIFUL JOB, Great work on the details

I love the pics, I wish I could take pics like yours to my models... :mellow:

Do you have any other model in process to complete?

I pretty inetrested in view your great job in another Macross model

Well, I'm not planning to do any aircraft models for now.

Dude I am loving that paint finish. It is realistic!!!

How did you achieve it?

Do you have any hi-res pix of this fighter, I'd love to see it all up close!

Worth the wait, to be sure! :)

For the paint, I used Mr Color 307 and 308. Unfortunately I don't have the hi-res pix. I deleted them after resizing.

Edited by maxjr

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I found this post while some research on the VF-0S and all the other macross fighters that I have yet to build. Its an awesome job from Maxjr, especially the hydraulic parts on the air brake, landing gears and antennas. I always search online before asking any questions, but so far couldn't find how he did it. The chrome doesn't look painted, did you replace it with some tube or needles? Then how do you make it strong enough to support the weight of the plane? Since Maxjr seems to be inactive on the forum for a while, I hope somebody else knows the answer. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
The chrome doesn't look painted, did you replace it with some tube or needles? Then how do you make it strong enough to support the weight of the plane?

It looks like he replaced it with metal tubing or rod. It would provide more than enough support - better than the plastic in fact - as long as plenty of the rod went into the plastic.