yamato 1/48 improvements over the year

Hub

I got my first yamato 1/48, the vf-1a, for xmas 2002, already 5 years ago.

I would like to know what are the different real improvements on the lines over the year, about the QC, etc,...

I would like to know if every 1/48 has now new hands, like the vf1j. What are the model to avoid, what are thes best actually?

Well starting with the VF-1A Max, the nosecone received internal rails to slide along two tabs on the radar area to better secure the nosecone. The wing flaps only allow downwards movement and are supposed to be more secure and less likely to fall off than on the 1A Hikaru and 1S Focker.

Dunno other than that, since the only other one I have is the Miria 1J with Fast Packs. I don't notice any improvements over the 1A Max and 1A Low Vis v1.

Well starting with the VF-1A Max, the nosecone received internal rails to slide along two tabs on the radar area to better secure the nosecone. The wing flaps only allow downwards movement and are supposed to be more secure and less likely to fall off than on the 1A Hikaru and 1S Focker.

The original 1A Hikaru and 1S Focker also couldn't bend their forearms to a complete 90 degree angle, they could only do about 80 degrees.

And beginning with the 1J Hikaru the headrests were notched to better fit the TV pilots.

Roy's VF-1S is getting yet another reissue? AWESOME.

Hard to believe October of '03 was when they were first released. It's four yeears later and they're STILL in high demand.

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgForm=Product...ate=review.html

Yeah! it's like the top seller of yamato VF-1's and the more expensive one at non-japanese stores.

Hey talking about improvements, do you guys think the Focker VF-1S will get that little radome piece on the back pack finally painted for the upcoming re-release? :huh:

Your guess is as good as mine, but I certainly HOPE that the new VF-1S Focker will have all the fixes of the previous versions. I have one pre-ordered. It'll be my first 1/48 Yamato, and I sincerely hope it's better than the 1/60 VF-0S, which has all the structural integrity of a toy made out of eggshells.

Your guess is as good as mine, but I certainly HOPE that the new VF-1S Focker will have all the fixes of the previous versions. I have one pre-ordered. It'll be my first 1/48 Yamato, and I sincerely hope it's better than the 1/60 VF-0S, which has all the structural integrity of a toy made out of eggshells.

I also preordered the VF-1S and it is going to be my first 1/48 Yamato as well! I want the 0S rerelease but I'm scared away by most of the comments made about the line so far, in general. I'm going to wait that purchase out a little longer.

Hey, I pre-ordered one too and It'll be my first 1/48 yamato too! :D I just cancelled a previous order expecting for this re-release. :p

I just received the VF-1J max and millia. did a bit of fast panel lines and it is awesome. I got the first 2002 1A and now compare to the new ones, there are lots of improvements, especially the joints. They are much stronger, tighter. And Can pose without worrying falling off. arms and legs are very well tighten and everything seems to be much better. Both birds are not to be missed by any macross collector. It's a must to have these 1/48 babies. ;)

post-3479-1192867240_thumb.png

Edited by ikhii

My first 1/48 was a Hikaru VF-1J, 1st release. Even though I was in awe by it, It still had minor tweaks I had to correct myself. E.G. Loose joints etc. I guess over the years they've (yamato) listened to their customers. Recently, I bought the VF-1A Mass Production version, ready with my screw drivers, clear nail polish, dremel etc. Ready to do what I had to do. Surprisingly, right out of the box, it was trouble free. Nice tight joints, swing bars stayed put in all modes. I guess the QC people at the factory were doing their job that day hehehehe. All it needs now is to be panel lined and lightly weathered and its done.

Now all I need is the VF-1S and My collection will be complete. :rolleyes:

I just got my 1/48 Milia Reissue a few days ago and its nicely improved over the past VF-1 1/48's. All the joints are nice and tight and have a nice click. Even the "chicken hands" on my Milia could hold the gunpod amazingly well. However I think Yamato might be over tightening the "chicken hands" now. Before they were rather loose, now they're a little too tight. As the left hand on my Milia was so tight I couldn't curl the fingers together to make a fist properly. I tried and used little to no force for when I tried pushing the index finger back the the plastic that holds the finger to the meater portion of the hand exploded in my face. :angry: Now that hand is practically useless anyways, but I should be able to make a fist or whatever out that hand with ease. Its not a big loss as I just use the fixed pose hands anyways. So definitely look out for that on your next purchase.