Opinions on Hobbyfan

Straycatt

Funny i have ordered 2 1/48 valks from them since 03. 1 came with resin gear(still no sag) the other came with metal gear. 2 different sources maybe? The one with metal gear came from G system. Both kits went together well but some of the parts need some fine tuning to fit right. Also check the engine leg lenghts on it if you get it. Mine were 2 different lenghts. But through a little jiggery pokery i got them to look even once installed. The only way you can tell they are off is if you pick it up and look at the wheel alignment. One sits a little further back. All in all id say the kit is definitely worth it but be prepared to do some work to make it look really nice. NOT A KIT FOR A BEGINNER TO REISN!

I've never had a problem with ordering and receiving kits from them. My only beef with them is they'll sell recasts of kits that are still in production by the original manufacturer.

Edited by Grayson72

Hobby Fan do not cast their own stuff. For a fact, they do not even have a work shop.

They outsource the kits from other suppliers, usually the cheapest and nowadays it means China. Quality can be pot luck. The original Club-M 1/48 VF-1 had already issues, so a recast one or even a recast from a recast could suffer even more problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I had another kit to scavenge the leg fast packs from. This combined with some "alignment" of the leg pieces to keep the exhaust nozzels even hide the effect well enough. But unfortunately you need a second one for the second fast packs.

Double check yours though it may be more forgiving than mine.