My first 1/48 (Or my cherry's been popped! :O )

Kyp Durron

Congrats for the great price and the great item! Admittedly, out of all the 1/48, I like the TV 1J less than the others, but that's just me.

The fast packs will make it insanely cooler, trust me, and the GBP Armour will make you want to get a second 1/48 for display.

My first 1/48 was DYRL Kakizaki, very solid and one of my favourite toys, but my 1/48 VF-1A Max is loose in many place and does not feel as sturdy. Go figure...

Just tried Gerwalk mode for the first time...awesome!

PICT2549.JPG

Much more solid than the craptacular VF-0S I had. <_<

I think I'm gonna leave it like that for a while. :D

-Kyp

haha savouring every moment aren't you Kyp? :p Have you tried half Gerwalk yet? (ala Hikaru saving Misa episode)

That's my fav mode.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yes, yes I am. I should have started out collecting the 1/48's first. I don't know if I will ever try getting another VF-0S...it depends on how much better made the second issue is.

For right now, I am sticking to 1/48's and I plan on getting another 1/60 YF-19 later on, but I will more than likely wait for the repaints to come out. I am definitely getting the YF-21 when it comes out though.

-Kyp

So what have you got now in your collection?

a VF-0S, YF-19, 1/60 VT-1 and 1/48 Hikky 1J? Anything else?

I guess the next thing you need to get is a Strike/FP set. It really makes any 1/48 VF-1 look extremely badass.

And of course, you need to get yourself a GPB-1S armour set for your hikky 1J.

If you ever wanted to grab yourself a Roy 1/48 they are just re-issuing it in the next few months

and it would be the perfect time to grab it. Especially if you want to grab a Strike/FP set for it as well. :D

Funny how you and i both have only one 1/60 VF-1 being the awesome Super O! :D

Really hope they re-invent the 1/60 VF-1 line.

I had the VF-0S first issue, and sold it because it was a floppy mess. I had the YF-19 first issue and sold it because I knew they would be reissuing it with out the QC issues.

As of now I have the 1/48 Hikaru 1J, the 1/60 Super Ostrich, and the MPC Lancer Alpha.

My next Valk will more than likely be the Roy 1S reissue.

I just put my 1J back in fighter mode and it's as tight as ever. The 1/48's are definitely some of Yamato's finest works, if not the very best thing they've ever put out.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Hi everyone. Thanks for everyone's reviews and advices regarding yamato toys.

I finally bought my 1st 1/48 and it's sooooo sweet!!!

Got the VF-1J Stealth with strike pack... Cost me a pretty penny.

BUT ITS SOOOOOO WORTH IT... XD

I'll post pictures when I can.

Edited by Wurz

Hm... I have absolutely no problem with my VF0S and actually think it's better than the VF1 because the wide nose on the airplane allows for a more smooth leg-transformation (whereas the pointy VF-1 nose makes it really difficult- particularly with those little pegs...getting them BACK OUT when reverting to fighter mode is really hard.

Naturally I love my VF-1 (I havethe 1J stealth version) but I really don't think it's fair to say that the 0S is inferior.

The wider nose cone alone is the type of "retro-improvement" that makes it a superior fighter.

The only thing that scares me on the 0S is the possibility of over-stressing the hinges that the shoulders are attached to when flipping them out from the undercarriage....I know they apparenlty seem to be on a loose junction that allows you to "bend" them up/down - but still - it's a bit of scarey process...

That said I believe the 0S to be the superior design...

Kinda makes me want to see a "Macross: Scrapping of the 0S" OMV because I'm curious what the official reasons for going with the VF1 were...since the 0S is so much better...at least...for toy purposes :) :) :)

VFTF1

the Zero toys might have better gimmicks, like the swing bar hatch and the superior leg joints, but it has some failings that have nothing to do with the bum shoulders: it just doesn't lock together very well in fighter or gerwalk mode because the various pegs just don't work as well as the pegs on the 1/48 do. The sculpt itself is beautiful and it's probably the most faithful to the line art in that respect, but it just doesn't have the same level of fit and security that the 1/48 does.

Well, my VF-0S was a floppy piece of crap. The shoulders were also loose and one of the shoulders had a stress mark on it. To me, the 1/48 VF-1 is a much better made toy and much tighter with great shoulders that aren't loose at all.

I might get the 2nd issue VF-0S later on just to keep on display in fighter mode. I will agree that it's one beautiful bird though.

-Kyp

you are right kyp, the 1:48 line of valkryes are the greatest toys that yamato ever made not only because the exelent sculpt, but also the tightness in every mode i believe yamato will have difficulties to make anothe line better than the 1:48 ^_^