VEFR-1 "Funny Chinese"

elintseeker

I was going to up that one too, but my scanner is on the fritz.

The VEFR is one of the oddball in-between valks. It is a two seater, but has a single-seater style chestplate, but maintains some of the other VF-1D details. As an earlier post here stated, it does have a head unit, similar to that of the VE-1. It was originally a fan-created custom model kit - I think there are pics of the actual model in the first Macross Plastic Model Manual book.

ok, now time for you to scan it :)

we want to see how the model kit looks like :)

As for the first pic that looks abit like the Dark Valk as discussed in anothe thread at the mo.

The second one I have some line art in one of my books showing a Valk with misiles atached to the tail fins in fighte rmode.

Do you have a picture or the reference of the book ? I only have this picture:

missiletails.jpg

Aside from in-joke valks the creators were probably thinking about what would happen realistically.

Think about what happens in Iraq. Users customise and "uparmor" their humvees, AFVs and tanks to the mission. They might canabalise other vehicles and equipment, take parts from destroyed or damaged vehicles. Also consider that weapons and equipment in the military go through a lot of prototyping and testing.

Now consider that the Macross and Earth were facing a vastly numerically superior enemy and every man and machine was needed to fight. Every warhead and bullet mattered.

So basically it makes sense that in the final battle for Earth a lot of planes had been modified to carry more ordanance and all available aircraft (including a prototype VFER) had been launched into the fight.

Aside from in-joke valks the creators were probably thinking about what would happen realistically.

Think about what happens in Iraq. Users customise and "uparmor" their humvees, AFVs and tanks to the mission. They might canabalise other vehicles and equipment, take parts from destroyed or damaged vehicles. Also consider that weapons and equipment in the military go through a lot of prototyping and testing.

Now consider that the Macross and Earth were facing a vastly numerically superior enemy and every man and machine was needed to fight. Every warhead and bullet mattered.

So basically it makes sense that in the final battle for Earth a lot of planes had been modified to carry more ordanance and all available aircraft (including a prototype VFER) had been launched into the fight.

I agree. It's so evident as for every wars.

One of my project is to build a valk with a lot of weathering, replacement and canibalized parts. A real war plane in fact like some german fighters at the end of WWII : Bf 109 G or K, Fw 190D... sometimes with tails, fuselage and wings with different camo and paint due to the different manufacturers, some parts without any paint... Really cool scheme for me.

Or with "rust" and weathering like the planes on the pacific theater (almost japanese)

I was going to up that one too, but my scanner is on the fritz.

The VEFR is one of the oddball in-between valks. It is a two seater, but has a single-seater style chestplate, but maintains some of the other VF-1D details. As an earlier post here stated, it does have a head unit, similar to that of the VE-1. It was originally a fan-created custom model kit - I think there are pics of the actual model in the first Macross Plastic Model Manual book.

Well the nose and fuselage is clearly the same extended piece as a VF-1D. It just has a cut out towards the top presumably to allow the random to fit. The head is not confirmed to look like a VE-1's head. The model which is based on Studio Nue art is merely conjecture so it's anyone's guess as to what it looks like.

Well the nose and fuselage is clearly the same extended piece as a VF-1D. It just has a cut out towards the top presumably to allow the random to fit. The head is not confirmed to look like a VE-1's head. The model which is based on Studio Nue art is merely conjecture so it's anyone's guess as to what it looks like.

The art is based off the custom model from the book, not the other way. That book was first and then the art made it 'official'. (Like how VFs used to have 3 hardpoints until Hasagawa models came along then all the art changed to 5 hardpoints.) It is similar to the Elint head, but noticably different like a D to a J are similar. The real problem is the standard A-S-J body with the D nose. It couldn't really transform to battroid on that airframe.

The real problem is the standard A-S-J body with the D nose. It couldn't really transform to battroid on that airframe.

The only difference between a VF-1A style body and a VF-1D style body is the nosecone and chestplate. Even though the chestplate looks like it has a trapezoid shaped cutout like the -1A style, you can still see the end of the nose section poking through to the same area as a VF-1D.

The only difference between a VF-1A style body and a VF-1D style body is the nosecone and chestplate. Even though the chestplate looks like it has a trapezoid shaped cutout like the -1A style, you can still see the end of the nose section poking through to the same area as a VF-1D.

If that were true we'd all have VF-1Ds by now.

thanks for the variation picture here totoro242

the last picture that you gave, the fast packs got 2 small antaenna at the side, so is this fast packs, got special function like elints?maybe abit of elint's function :)

wondering why bandai come out with all this variation?? why they not standardize everything the same

Dudes, it looks like anyone can take their "ride" and modify it. Some one's gotta make one with lowered landing gear and hydraulics so it can "bounce." :lol: Oh yeah, I forgot a thumpin' sound system too (oh wait, that was Macross 7)! :lol:

I think the Stampede valk had more armament on the upper fast packs. This one just has the two antenna and a gatling canno nin place of a missile. Oh yeah, and it's sponsored by "Elf." :lol: Thanks for posting these variations guys. It adds life to to the good ole' valks! - MT

Edited by MechTech

The D doesn't have the notch so the lengthened nose cone still reaches the leg connection in battroid.

On a A frame, a D nose is too long and the legs wouldn't reach the attachment points (hips joints). They'd be just a little too far from the fighter to battroid leg hydraulics.

That's why a VF-1D is slightly taller than A-J-S in battroid.

The VF-1A and VF-1D has the same length in fighter mode. The reason for this is because the extra length of the nose section is mostly found where a VF-1A has that cutout. So as long as the chest plate and back plate AKA forward fuselage is the switched, the rest of the plane is the same. The VF-1D is taller because the end of the head sits on the end of the nose section that fills up the trapezoid shaped cut out area on a normal Valkyrie.

The VF-1A and VF-1D has the same length in fighter mode. The reason for this is because the extra length of the nose section is mostly found where a VF-1A has that cutout. So as long as the chest plate and back plate AKA forward fuselage is the switched, the rest of the plane is the same. The VF-1D is taller because the end of the head sits on the end of the nose section that fills up the trapezoid shaped cut out area on a normal Valkyrie.

You slightly contradicted yourself there, but it's not a big deal. We're not trying to engage in a nerdly argument or anything - we're all friends here.

The fact of the matter is that the basic "A" and "D" airframes do differ. It is entirely possible to build a functional and correct transforming VF-1D, as your link shows, but Gundamhead and NMB4Macross's comments stand - you are not going to build one on an "A" airframe. The relevance of this to the VEFR-1 is that the original model kit DID use the basic "A" airframe, hence its oddball nature.

That is all.

Totoro, thanks for the image uploads - very cool stuff!

Edited by Hiriyu

Dudes, it looks like anyone can take their "ride" and modify it. Some one's gotta make one with lowered landing gear and hydraulics so it can "bounce." :lol: Oh yeah, I forgot a thumpin' sound system too (oh wait, that was Macross 7)! :lol:

I think the Stampede valk had more armament on the upper fast packs. This one just has the two antenna and a gatling canno nin place of a missile. Oh yeah, and it's sponsored by "Elf." :lol: Thanks for posting these variations guys. It adds life to to the good ole' valks! - MT

There is also shoulder armor, similar to what was seen just two years later on the YF-19 :)

It was the gunn that kinda got me thinking of the lookie likee nature of it.

All we need now is Exhibitt and Tim Westwood to Pimp our Rides :p

Edited by big F