G4's Code Monkeys what do you think?

Guest sh002

Guest sh002

I've seen the first few episodes and I kind of like it. There are are some crazy things in it like the mario noise when they jump and all of the video game spoofs. :lol:

It's pretty funny. What's also funny is that before they aired the series they showed fake promo's for their games like Crosswalk and Bar Fight by Game a'Vision. B))

Edited by gerwalk25

Kids won't like this show at all b/c most kids now a days have no clue what half the stuff they are making fun of is. Also, the 8-bit graphics are only going to appeal to people who played games like that growing up, so again, modern day kids won't be pleased without top end graphics.

As for me, I LOVE it! I think this show is hilarious. It has so many throwbacks and references to games/people/events, it's great. If anyone doesn't like it, it's probably because they don't like games or are too young to get it. The full version of the theme song is great too.

Kids won't like this show at all b/c most kids now a days have no clue what half the stuff they are making fun of is. Also, the 8-bit graphics are only going to appeal to people who played games like that growing up, so again, modern day kids won't be pleased without top end graphics.

As for me, I LOVE it! I think this show is hilarious. It has so many throwbacks and references to games/people/events, it's great. If anyone doesn't like it, it's probably because they don't like games or are too young to get it. The full version of the theme song is great too.

What a shame for the young folks.

This thread reminds of the "Young Folks" song from Peter, Bjorn & Paul.

Heh, i don't know what to say. I actually really like it as well. Initially i thought it was the stupidest thing on TV when it was announced and the first episode left alot to be desired, but i've seen about 2 other episodes since and it's really grown on me. The animation is awesome if you know you're 8 Bit video game history and the episodes are odd, but not more so than say Aqua Teen or Sealab, so it's easy enough to get into if you can see past the animation.

Guest sh002

odd they showed a rerun of stonervision instead of super prison breakout. i missed recording that episode but it was a cool one, especially the ending.

• 3 weeks later...

And a new episode this Wednesday night.

Kids these days. They just don't get how an 8-bit character selling his pass to the premiere of E.T. (to M. Night Shymalan no less) to have money for strippers is funny.