Dinosaurs come to "life," will stampede across America

This KICKS ARSE on so many levels. Not just the stunning visual impact of the life-sized dinos moving about as they do, but the absolutely amazing potential/implications in the "voodoo rig" animatronic controls that the puppeteers use to move them. Levels of control and manipulation of huge, complex machinery that was once only the stuff of anime/movie magic seem to have an almost matter-of-fact practicality even now. The T-Rex and the Brachiosaurus are nothing short of awe-inspiring...

There was a promotional clip on one morning a while back, on the Today Show[?] http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=6305...f=05&fg=rss

I caught part of the NBC segment on a monitor out of the corner of my eye, when it aired a while back. So when I saw a glimpse of the actor in baby T-Rex costume wowing the crowd on the sidewalk, I didn't immediately catch sight of his legs underneath--so my immediate reaction was to think "holy sheet! how are they making that thing move like that?!" Totally fuggin' cool. The potential for cinema is amazing; this allows for a level of interaction with characters/actors undreamed of, even in '93 when Spielburg rocked audiences with his CGI monsters in Jurrasic Park. LOL, the T-Rex scares the piss out of Peter Alexander at one point....

More info on the touring show here: http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

Just think of the potential for those "voodoo rigs" in other applications....like, for instance, large walking mecha? Like a Legioss or something similar? :o

Edited by reddsun1