Was Gekiganger III released as R1 DVD?

GDomino

I recently got a chance to rediscover Nadesico (along with Eva and Bebop cos my notebook went bust on me and 3 weeks of hell going without the net or MW). All I know is that Gekiganger III was what made me love the Nadesico series and may have been responsible in getting me back into Gokins and toy collecting. I've been meaning to track down the rumored Geki OVAs (which I still haven't seen btw) but have been sidetracked by other stuff mostly Macross and Chogos... But now I've decided that I'm gonna follow through. Don't want the (JP?) LDs since my parent's LD player is like 2000 miles away so I'm wondering if a R1 or R0 DVD version was ever released?..If not, anyone know where I can download all of em?

Edit: added in 'rumored' since I obviously need some verification if this OVA even exists...

Edited by GDomino

Now I'm confused.... I saw one of the eps for download on Kazaa and since it was coming from a slow connection I never even bothered. I couldn't believe it at first either so I did some research on the net and there info all over about this, like this review I read almost a year ago... From what I read at other places, I'm under the impression that there is a 3-4 part OVA.

Well, pulled out the trusty ole goog and I came up with this site which hopefully helps me out in my search for the rumored OVAs.. Will try to download these on my sis comp tomorrow since she has plenty of space unlike my POS notebook.

I recently got a chance to rediscover Nadesico (along with Eva and Bebop cos my notebook went bust on me and 3 weeks of hell going without the net or MW). All I know is that Gekiganger III was what made me love the Nadesico series and may have been responsible in getting me back into Gokins and toy collecting. I've been meaning to track down the rumored Geki OVAs (which I still haven't seen btw) but have been sidetracked by other stuff mostly Macross and Chogos... But now I've decided that I'm gonna follow through. Don't want the (JP?) LDs since my parent's LD player is like 2000 miles away so I'm wondering if a R1 or R0 DVD version was ever released?..If not, anyone know where I can download all of em?

Edit: added in 'rumored' since I obviously need some verification if this OVA even exists...

its; a movie. what they did was string all the aniem clips form the shwo together and add a movie. it;s pretty cool. i saw it a whiel ago

ali

Nope, there were never any Gekiganger anime, oustside of what you see in Nadesco.

Graham

Sorry, Graham, but there is in fact a Gekiganger III movie version, of a kind. Exactly what its status is, I'm not sure ( I think a standalone OAV, or possibly an extra with a Japanese release of Nadesico ). Its short, about 30 minutes. I saw it at an anime convention in England a few years ago. It consists of mainly clip footage from the Nadesico TV series with some new animation; the in-joke is that its the Nadesico crew watching a showing of the Gekiganger movie with clip footage and new animation... er... my head hurts...! :rolleyes:

Edit: added "of a kind" comment, as in fairness it is arguable whether the GIII movie stands on its won as a GIII anime...

Edited by F-ZeroOne

It must be really rare, too, as there's not even an HK DVD of it.

It was a one shot OVA. I know it was released on LD and you could get it with some of the LD box sets of the TV series, but I'm not sure if it's had a DVD release (CD Japan doesn't list it). As stated above, it was half combined footage taken from the various Nadesco TV episodes and half new stuff (plus the Nadesco characters in between).