Most Popular Cliches

Hurricane29

Hot Shots 2 probably recognizes that cliche so well...

More cliches:

Angry alien or monster in a building/spacecraft/boat/submarine/forest killing people that should have never be there in the first place.

Good guy hunting bad guy, bad guy turns out to be the goodguy himself thru split personality, cloned, possessed by the devil or from parallel universe.

Little kid, hot chick or Whoopie Goldberg sees ghost, scared at first but it turns out it's trying to reach out from the other side because his/her killer may kill again.

Car breaks down and the only place to go is the creepiest house on the top of the hill.

Mom or Dad switch places with son or daughter.

Son or daughter makes a wish and becomes an adult but sees life as a kid.

Adult goes back in time as a teeneager and realizes all his/her past mistake.

Dog=good

Cat=evil

dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

I've seen cliches that would turn you white! :p

Some more cliches thought up during a boring client meeting today:

- the good alien mistaken for a bad guy and is killed/persicuted with the final "moral of the story" ending

- computers/machines rise to power and fight off mankind

General action movie cliches that really annoy me:

- heroes can continue to function after taking several bullet hits

- guns never seem to run out of ammo

- the hero can always pilot/drive any vehicle they get into like a seasoned pro

- no one ever aims but they always hit what they shoot at

- grenades and RPGs explode in a bright billowing and flaming cloud of fire and smoke

- the gun will always be kicked out of someone's hand so a wrestle for it will ensue

- heroes can continue to function after taking several bullet hits

What is this cliche ping pong :p

that reminds me

good guy gets shot and flies back, and where does he get hit? On a shoulder! And the bullet passed thru clean. Good Guy still able to throw punches with the corresponding arm showing no pain from the shot until the hot chick at the ends says, "my god!!! You've been shot!" and her gentle touch stings his shoulder to a pitiful "Pfffft!"

sci-fi/action cliche a la Bladerunner, Rambo, Fifth Element, etc...

Hero lives in desolated place, he hears a copter from afar (he knows who it is already by the sound of the blades :rolleyes: )

Hot girl or old man comes out and tell him the imminent danger threathening all existance and he says, "bah, I'm through with that... why don't you get so and so..."

Old guy (or foxy chick): Um, he's dead"

:o

Hero :So what do I care?"

Old guy (or foxy chick): Look I know your partner died on your last mission but we need you.

Hero: Get of here and don't turn back.

After a few hours of deliberating and drinking whiskey the hero decides to suit up (they show him strapping all kinds of weapon in a very harsh way...)  and do what's needed of him.  He, too, needs to do this... for himself!

On the way he bangs a hot chick, maybe the one that came for him, saves the day and a lot of broken glass and blown up vehicles are left behind him.

YEAY!!!

This sounds more like the beginning of Hot Shots 2. :lol:

or the beginning of Commando, though that was an action flick...

More cliches

Good guys use blue/green lasers, bad guys red

the bad guy always tells the hero his plan to take over the world

Hero always gets stuck in a trap meant to kill only to narrowly escape.

Just read this thread, and I think some of you might like a certain PC game called Star Control II. Anyone ever heard of it?

It's old, 1992 or so, but great fun. The heart of Star Con 2 is a plot game; sort of role-playing fused with some strategy and a lot of mystery solving. Great story with a dark realism that takes a back seat to a pervasive and lighthearted sense of humor. It’s evident that the writers loved sci-fi and had fun with a great many cliches. I can’t imagine a single one was left out.

Also, If you’ve ever played Melee in StarCon, you know that while limited to 2 dimensions and crazy ship designs, it still managed to have a more realistic portrayal of space combat than most movies. ( In terms of facing a direction far from the direction of movement, or using a gravity well to accelerate…)

post-26-1066595741.jpg