Yamato 1/48 DYRL Toys

Decon

Thanks guys.

I noticed the cover art is different than the other 3 for Ben's Green Veritech.

It doesn't say DYRL on it. http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00052

Also, I can't decide since I ordered the 1/48 VF-1S Transformable Valkyrie "Roy Focker" last week if I should just buy another one to play with and one to keep MIB. My only other Valkyrie is the G1 Transformer Sky/Jetfire. I also bought 1/48 Armored Parts for Valkyrie.

Any idea why Yamato decided to go with these 4 only?

Edited by Decon

I think it's exposure. Kakizaki, or "Ben" had very little exposure in the DYRL? Film and one of the least popular. He took ages to be released.

Actually I do think that it says DYRL? under the "Macross" writing on the very top and center.

There are several others that were released, canon and non-canon. So far I think the "Ben" and "Max" TV versions of the VF-1As are not released, as well as the Maximilian Jenius DYRL? VF-1S.

Actually I do think that it says DYRL? under the "Macross" writing on the very top and center.

There are several others that were released, canon and non-canon. So far I think the "Ben" and "Max" TV versions of the VF-1As are not released, as well as the Maximilian Jenius DYRL? VF-1S.

Wow those are really some small words! Thanks.

No need to book that appointment to get your eyes checked, I have the box right here with me. :lol: I didn't get it from the picture. :p

ROFL thanks!

Kensei, sounds like you own all the 1/48 DYRL? Which Yamatos do you have and how many of each?

Up to seven on most of them.

The ones that are never shown with FAST Packs, I have about four of them.

The ones which are shown with GBPs, I have a couple more in that type.

I have around 100 (at least) 1/48s. And that has come to and end, as there are no more releases. Many people here would be pleased to hear that, my wallet certainly is.

But alas, there are the new M+ and M0 valks out now.....

I'll give an update in the appropriate thread started by Mowe on the weekend. If you want a few just ask, I have some overstock.

Edited by kensei

Up to seven on most of them.

I have around 100 (at least) 1/48s. And that has come to and end, as there are no more releases. Many people here would be pleased to hear that, my wallet certainly is.

I'll give an update in the appropriate thread started by Mowe on the weekend. If you want a few just ask, I have some overstock.

You have quite a collection, or so you sell them?

I wonder what Yamato has in store next for Macross...how about 1/24 VF-1s. Transform that!

Edited by Decon

Like i said only about 5 are overstock. I bought them to keep, but there were some mistakes along the way.

Ok I found the forum. You must take a picture of your collection! hehe

Do you keep any on display or they are in boxes? The displayed ones, is there a Battlroid stand available?

Also, have you heard if there are anymore VF-1S (Roy) releasing in the future (any scale)?

I really want to get a 2nd one to play with.

I have to find a way to hide the 1/48 Vf-1S (Roy) from my wife :)

Edited by Decon

I still would like to see a VF-1S Max Type DYRL...and a VF-1A Cannon fodder DYRL (well I guess only the pilot is going to change)...and for sure the Ostrich, although I know yamato said that is very unlikely they will produce it.

I know you're not talking about copiers or cameras...

What are canon and non canon ones?

canon = official; recognized as part of continuity

example: Hikaru's VF-1A is canon because we saw it in DYRL?. The super stealth VF-1J is non-canon because it has only appeared in toy form.