FastPask kit for 1/48

justvinnie

Just got my first FP kit and I put it on the Roy, but it seems the backpack isn't strong enough to hold up the boosters in battroid mode, even with the backpack hook. But everyone else I see seems to have no problem. Anything I can do to make it not flop back?

vinnie

you probably didn't push the trap door with the hook in far enough. here's a pic to show what i mean. maybe that will help.

I'm not sure what you are referring to... the hook is attach but the backplate trap door won't stick the the back plate itself. the trap door and the backpack are flopping backwards. Also the forward missle section of the boosters don't seem to stay together very well...

Thanks for the fast response!

vinnie

There was a pic showing this where you have to have the trap door NOT sit flush with the back. So that it is actually sunken in. When you look at the battroid from a side view, the back should be straight and not sitting at an angle. (ie the tips of the wings shouldn't be pointing towards the legs but towards the ground instead)

Then for extra security you have "the little couch" as some like to call it, that sits on top of the shoulders for reinforcement. I always get a little nervous taking the FP off.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Also, once you have that going on, the reinforcement peice wouldn't hurt to lessen the chance of an accident. - though, I have yet to see the inner backpack tabs fail me, admittedly.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Lowviz's edit.

Edited by Phren

I don't mean to come off as snobby or anything, but to be fair, all you had to do to figure out the FPs is read the review on the main site:

Review

Backpack flap position

Couch piece mounted

It's got nothing to do with the fact that I wrote it, but as Graham always tries to remind people, there's more than just a forums here. Hope thse pics clear up any discrepancy that might be left.... I remember having similar issues when I got my first set. :wacko: