1/55 VF-1S exclusive for US military stores???

sidearmsalpha

I believe that Wal-Mart carried that model. Galaxy Defender is also the name of other 3-mode variable fighters that Wal-Mart has carried in the past. In regards to the VF-1 in the auction, I like the faux-slotted airbrake...

I've got one of those, it became fodder for my first rattlecan repaint. As bootlegs go it isn;t too bad. It doesn't feel quite as sturdy as the Bandai but not so much so that it is going to disintergrate in your hands. The only real problem I have with mine is that the spring-loaded landing gear is very temperamental. Sometimes it will deploy all by itself, without human intervention, and sometimes it will stick in the up position and need some wheedling out.

However, that could just be mine. Like I say, not bad quality for a bootleg.

Karl

Not so sure about the exclusive-ness but as boots go these are well made. About the same as a Joons for build strength. Teh moldings are different as there are some extra bits cast on to give it a unique look.

They come in a few different colours mine is dark blue and sliver. I have also seen a red and sliver one. Just another one to add to your collection. I paid £10 for mine not bad when you think the real bad boots (the ones I use for my customs) are about £5

• 3 weeks later...

these are not exclusive to Affees military base stores. These were sold at wal marts a few years back. But only some wal marts had them. Though it is possible that they may be exclusive to Affees now.

Yeah, I just bought one at the local PX for about 9 bucks.

It's pretty good for a bootleg.

Thank goodness I'm army. :p