Help!

valkyrie13

Hi! I have a completed Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D. But I just realized that a part that was glued on came off and is now missing. T.T I can't find it for the life of me and I fear that it might have been sucked into a vacuum cleaner. It's all so frustrating since this happened while I was waiting for a covered display case that I ordered to be delivered.

The part in question is Q16 and I was wondering... maybe there is someone out there who happened to have an extra piece of this part laying around or had a previously completed model that a cat or a dog or a nephew smashed and was about to throw the whole thing away since it's irreparable...

If not, would anyone (who happens to have this part in good order) be kind enough to cast it and send a resin cast copy of it to me? I would be happy to pay cost and postage.

I guess in the worst case scenario, I could just slice up some plastic sheet to replicate this but wanted to reach out to you all for some help before I went ahead and did that.

Many thanks.

Missing part for valkyrie13 is Q-16 and cokefiend want Q-15.

If you live in Japan, you can cut the cupon from the instruction sheet and order a replacement spruce.

Sadly, I don't live in Japan. I am sure there are MWF member who live in Japan (samuraimonkey for one).

I have some friends there, I could try to help, but the 3 ways arrangement will be a bit complicated.

I do have a VF-0D kit, I could be pursuaded to sacrify the Q-spruce. I will not build this kit for a long while and I can try to order the replacement when I visit Japan in the future.

Edited by kkx

Samurai Monkey doesn't live in Japan any more.

You should be able to get replacement parts through either HLJ or Rainbow Ten. Not sure what they'd cost, though.

I might be able to throw Q-16 into a mold at some point, but my Q-15 is already glued to the wing, so I'm not so sure about that one...

Valkyrie, I would be extremely grateful if you could throw Q-16 into a mold. It's a flat piece so a sandwich mold should be sufficient.

If that's not an option, I would be happy to buy the Q sprue from KKX.

Thank you both.

Edited by valkyrie13

Samurai Monkey doesn't live in Japan any more.

You should be able to get replacement parts through either HLJ or Rainbow Ten. Not sure what they'd cost, though.

I might be able to throw Q-16 into a mold at some point, but my Q-15 is already glued to the wing, so I'm not so sure about that one...

Ken,

If you are planing to mold these two pieces, I can loan my Q-15.

I now nothing about mold, but if add one extra piece is not a big problem, then I happy to help. Can't leave cokefiend without his missing piece.

PS: Rob posted a kit from Japan for me the other day. So I got the impression that he is still in Osaka. My mistake.

Edited by kkx

http://www.hlj.com/faq/q41.html

I've done it several times for F-14 and F-18 parts, never had to wait long--but again, it depends on Hasegawa's own backstock/warehouse.

It's pretty easy--just email them---parts(at)hlj.com--the sprue(s) you need and wait. You can figure out about how much it'll cost by looking on the instruction sheet back page--there'll usually be a little rectangle with a list of sprues and yen prices--that's for customers in Japan to just mail in for spare parts, but you can use it to figure out the price of each individual sprue. I always get parts shipped SAL---since you never have any idea how long it'll take to get the parts in the first place, no point in paying for faster shipping--especially since the parts are so light SAL is 1/4 as much as EMS at that point.