What are these?

danth

Hey all, I have two books and one...thing that I can't identify.

First off we have this book that looks like it has storyboarding or scripts inside, but that's just my guess.

[attachmentid=38190]

Then, this book, which has character sketches and color images in it's pages.

[attachmentid=38191]

And then this monster, which is 13 inches by 13 inches. It folds out into three pages. The first page has a cutout, and the Valkyrie you see is actually from the second page. Has text and images on the inside, as well as two inserts. One insert is a color promo for DYRL (I think). The other is just black and white text.

[attachmentid=38192][attachmentid=38193]

Any help would be much appreciated!

post-1886-1163653857_thumb.jpg

post-1886-1163653926_thumb.jpg

post-1886-1163653940_thumb.jpg

post-1886-1163653960_thumb.jpg

Edited by danth

The first one sounds like it might be a continuity book from the way you describe it. I have one such book for the first Silent Mobius movie.

The second is simply labeled "Grafitti Book". Grafitti books are pretty much what you describe as the contents. Character sketches, color images, pieces of lineart, and other little tidbits are pretty much the staple of this tyoe of book.

On the third item, is the flight of Valkyries on the cover of the insert and is the insert a booklet about 8 pages or so? If it is, it sounds like it's the Macross movie program book.

Second one is a magazine insert also. Animedia July, but I'm not sure what year.

Wow, thanks! I had no idea. Do you have a lot of the old Animedias? I have a bunch of old Outs and My Animes and The Animes. I don't think I have any Animedias.

As for the third item, I thought the exact same thing.

Wow, thanks! I had no idea. Do you have a lot of the old Animedias? I have a bunch of old Outs and My Animes and The Animes. I don't think I have any Animedias.

As for the third item, I thought the exact same thing.

I have only 7 issues from between September 1982 - December 1984. I am always looking out for more, but they arent very common. I am also having a hard time tracking down OUT and Animec issues. Otherwise there are plenty of Animage, My Anime, and The Anime out there :)

The other trick is getting all the furoku. I almost always end up buying the inserts and posters seperate :)

• 2 months later...

And then this monster, which is 13 inches by 13 inches. It folds out into three pages. The first page has a cutout, and the Valkyrie you see is actually from the second page. Has text and images on the inside, as well as two inserts. One insert is a color promo for DYRL (I think). The other is just black and white text.

[attachmentid=38192][attachmentid=38193]

Any help would be much appreciated!

One of these just popped up on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Its not a laser disc insert, but rather a promotional flyer sent to Japanese theatres to promote Macross DYRL.