VF-19A with "Storm" Booster - in color!

grebo guru

Hey all,

So I decided to try some color schemes for the "Storm Boosted" Excalibur. I decided to do both the "classic" (YF-19) colors and the blue color scheme from VF-X 2. I tried a few different iterations, but I'm not sure which look best. What do you think?

Grebo

post-4460-1162164093_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1162164121_thumb.jpg

You should submit some of these to the MAHQ (http://www.mahq.net/) for use in the Macross portion of that website's "MECHA" section. The scans he's currently using for much of the Macross Plus mecha are downright terrible. Your pictures use really good scans and are clean and clear with really good colors.

Just a thought.

Nice execution. I like the ones where the boosters are completely different in color from the VF-19 so that you can tell what is what (ie far right for "classic" and left one for VF-X2). It's too confusing otherwise...

Personally, the grid/patch of speakers or missiles on the upper flaps don't work for me, but again, nice execution. Keep up the good work! :)

Arf arf!

Nice execution. I like the ones where the boosters are completely different in color from the VF-19 so that you can tell what is what (ie far right for "classic" and left one for VF-X2). It's too confusing otherwise...

Thanks very much, grapetang. I'm glad you like.

I tend to agree about the solid dark colors on the boosters, though I'm rather fond of the light gray panel doors on the YF-19 colored one (that'd be the middle of the three); sadly, that approach doesn't really work on the VF-19A color scheme.

Personally, the grid/patch of speakers or missiles on the upper flaps don't work for me, but again, nice execution. Keep up the good work! :)

I actually re-did the speaker panels as missiles. Maybe a closer view will clear things up, and win you over. (heh) Here, try this:

Grebo

post-4460-1162278284_thumb.jpg

Arf arf!

Thanks very much, grapetang. I'm glad you like.

I tend to agree about the solid dark colors on the boosters, though I'm rather fond of the light gray panel doors on the YF-19 colored one (that'd be the middle of the three); sadly, that approach doesn't really work on the VF-19A color scheme.

I actually re-did the speaker panels as missiles. Maybe a closer view will clear things up, and win you over. (heh) Here, try this:

Grebo

I take it those are meant to be micro-missiles?

wow, very cool.

Thank you sir! :-)

do you have some high rez versions of the VF-X-2 color ones.

Do you mean the VF-2SS I posted earlier in another thread? Yeah, I have hi-res versions of that too... I try, whenever possible, to scan my own images right outta the books so as to ensure they're hi-res.

If the VF-2SS is what you mean, I can post that in its thread...

Grebo

• 2 weeks later...