animeigo macross dvd

szandor

i just won this off ebay for $120. i had passed on it when it first came out a few years ago due to the price being over $250. it's brand new and sealed. with all the repackaging/remakes out there now, does this set have any value as a collectible? i would rather watch the downloads and keep these sealed.

[attachmentid=37488][attachmentid=37489]

post-4404-1161942045_thumb.jpg

post-4404-1161942053_thumb.jpg

who knows if they'll go up in value.

i buy in multiples (toys mostly) so i can have a back up if ti breaks.

DVDs are meant to be wathced other wise wheres the fun in that. if

you've already got it so you can watch well then theres not much

point in opening this i guess , atleast for now.

*sigh* Everyone thinks they're gonna get rich in 20 years by selling all of their "collectibles". Just open them and watch them, you're not gonna make much more than you paid for them, even in 20 years from now. I just bought the Animeigo boxset for $45. It had been opened and watched, but since I planned on opening it anyway, it was quite a steal.

Plus after a few years these DVDs will have been replaced with the next type of media. Just like how all the VHS are just being thrown away. Macross will be re-issued in one form or another in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Man! I remember that box set, I think I was a Junior or Senior in HS when RightStuff <<<think it was them had a preorder and man it was a huge price...I put it on preorder but I canceled it a month before release cause Ijust couldn't come up with the cash.

I'm satasfied though with my box sets, and surprisingly no cracking on the cases or anything....the DVD's are in near mint condition still cause I don't watch the series that much except during Xmas time.