3D printer

Kin

Hhmmm I guess I'd have to CAD individual parts to make my 1:1 scale fully transformable VF-1J. ...Hhmmm imagine all the small parts I could replace. You know, those small pieces of plastic that break or get lost and all you need is a replacement only replacement parts are unavailable and you are too lazy to make a mold.

Edited by Mephistopheles

I saw one of these roughly 3 weeks ago for 12,300. But ever since I started seeing the results of the laser cutting print method I don't know if I wanna get one now. :(

I take it that the method you saw is at the bottom end of the 3D printer market?

I sent off for a couple of free samples years ago when I first heard about the technolgy and while the detail and such was good and impressive they were only ever meant to be conceptual pieces for showing new products to clients etc.

To get something capable of producing spare parts for toys on a whim you'd need a hace of a lot more I imagine, I keep meaning to look it up again but I don't have the time.