The Best Of Each Mode By Company

do not disturb

Yeah and my 1/60s always try to flop over backwards..... Too top heavy in Battroid mode.

While I think Haterist wanted us to avoid consideration of these kinds of issues when making the decision of which toy offered the best rendition of each mode, I totally feel your pain. The legs tend to be a bit loose and the top a bit heavy... eventually the thing tries to do the splits or topples forward or back. With some patience and a surface with some decent grip though you can still pull off some nice poses.

I really loved my 1/60 in battroid and fighter, but ever since this post I started noticing his squashed head more and more.

So I decided to putty his face and give him cosmetic jaw surgery.

Thanks macrossworld, for giving my wife more examples of how I'm like the 40 Yr. Old Virgin.

"I'm going to paint your pants silver"

I'm going to have to jump on the 1/48 for everything band wagon here.  For fighter mode, the fact that it's the only one that doesn't have its head hanging down is an instant win by itself.

425173[/snapback]

Agree wholeheartedly with LoneWolf - the 1/60 Battroid can't be beat... ONCE you've modified the shoulder joints a bit! I just can't fall in love with the plane-centric 1/48 after all this time. I mean, the 1/60 had better proportioned hands that FIT into the arms than the larger 1/48's skeletals...

425025[/snapback]

what? thats it? thats all you had to say?

i figured if anyone was going to slam the 1/48 it would be you. :D

nice to see you back.

425069[/snapback]

Just admit it haterist, you created this thread solely to bring back drifand. :p

Great to see you back, drifand!

425089[/snapback]

i secretly lust for him...well not so secretly anymore :ph34r::lol:

HEY! WHEre DA CHUNKY MunKEEZ?!? LOL!!1

I've been so dreading doing the monkey shoots... when I do a shoot I take 40 +/- shots of each toy. Since there are 5 monkeys that's 200 pics I'll be taking. When you throw in the unpacking, transforming, posing, putting back away that's a large investment of time... but it'll be happening soon :) If I do two a week over the next few weeks it shouldn't be so bad. The whole process really helps me out when it comes to putting my little blurbs about the toys online too.

424966[/snapback]

Hey jenius, I too am really looking forward to the CHUNKY MONKEY pics.. but, no rush! :D

I don't know about the other regulars, but I am actually getting pretty sick and tired of seeing the flood of relatively new people sharing their collection pics that belong in the 1/48 and other respective threads. There are threads created for those people... use them. <_<

Back on Haterist's topic, love the 1/48s in all three modes and the 1/55s come second for moi. :) Great topic.

I don't know about the other regulars, but I am actually getting pretty sick and tired of seeing the flood of relatively new people sharing their collection pics that belong in the 1/48 and other respective threads. There are threads created for those people... use them.

While I do enjoy seeing everyone's pics, we currently have a bit of mayhem going on in the managing of them. How many threads do we have? We have the "Display your Collections", "Strike a Pose", "1/60, 1/72, 1/48 Gallery", and then we have other threads for vintage stuff and jokemachines. It is a bit much at times. That's just an observation though, I certainly wouldn't want to discourage anyone.

Hey jenius, I too am really looking forward to the CHUNKY MONKEY pics.. but, no rush!

It shall be done! Afraid that even if I wanted to rush I couldn't though :( Too much work mixed with vacations, friends weddings, and CPA cramming. I appreciate the enthusiasm though!

I love the "ugliest" thread.

Here's a pic of my 1/60 Battroid WITHOUT the squashed face.

post-917-1155718227_thumb.jpg

I learned something when doing this simple custom job. The minor addition I put on his jaw makes it so that his head can't rotate 180 degrees during transformation. I have to actually unscrew the head to raise it up enough to turn it around. This leads me to believe that the Yamato VF-1S Squishy head was purely to aid transformation. The 1J heads all extended necks enough to clear for raotation.

I don't know about the other regulars, but I am actually getting pretty sick and tired of seeing the flood of relatively new people sharing their collection pics that belong in the 1/48 and other respective threads. There are threads created for those people... use them.

While I do enjoy seeing everyone's pics, we currently have a bit of mayhem going on in the managing of them. How many threads do we have? We have the "Display your Collections", "Strike a Pose", "1/60, 1/72, 1/48 Gallery", and then we have other threads for vintage stuff and jokemachines. It is a bit much at times. That's just an observation though, I certainly wouldn't want to discourage anyone.

Hey jenius, I too am really looking forward to the CHUNKY MONKEY pics.. but, no rush!

It shall be done! Afraid that even if I wanted to rush I couldn't though :( Too much work mixed with vacations, friends weddings, and CPA cramming. I appreciate the enthusiasm though!

I love the "ugliest" thread.

425504[/snapback]

Oh I completely agree, we do not want to discourage people from sharing their Macross treasures. But come on repeat offenders, how hard is it to put your pics in the correct threads? After all that is what they were created for. <_<

Excellent jenius! :) Looking forward to your CHUNKY MONKEY pics.... :D Thanks!

Please see the first two pages, I changed the pics up a bit and included the chunkies in the comparison this time around. I'm not really happy about how my chunky pics came out, but I'll have much more chunky goodness in the future.

Edit - I continue to apologize to Banpresto fans, I know my pics don't do them justice.

Edited by jenius