1/60 Vf-0s - Side Covers

I was looking at my valks today and decided there was something missing from the VF-0, that the other VF-1(s) have. I couldn't quite picture it. Then it hit me. All the VF-1(s) I have have color matched side covers that make the valks look heftier in Battroid mode. So I figured I would make them for the VF-0.

Well here they are. Let me know what you guys think.

BTW - Just to let you know, the regular VF-1 side covers don't fit in the VF-0. ;)

NEW SIDE COVERS IN ZERO WHITE.

Note: The VF-0 side covers hide nicely behind the chestplate. No glue required. Covers slide into place just like that of the VF-1.

post-2246-1152954746_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1152954757_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1153171489_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1153171679_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

The Vf-0S definitely looks better with side covers.

I lengthened your side cover just to see if it makes any difference.

We might have to rely on you to make the side cover if Yamato does not commit themselves to make a VF-0 armour.....

post-3608-1153038476_thumb.jpg

The Vf-0S definitely looks better with side covers.

I lengthened your side cover just to see if it makes any difference.

We might have to rely on you to make the side cover if Yamato does not commit themselves to make a VF-0 armour.....

post-3608-1153038476_thumb.jpg

416608[/snapback]

I actually tried that, and another style, and the look of either was not very appealing to me. So this is the final that I like much better. The side cover hides nicely behind the chestplate and stays well tucked in to place.

I am actually setting the molds as I type.

Thanks for the comments guys. ;)

Do you think a white side plate would look good? I tried to photoshop the white, but to my surprise, it didn't look that good (could be my photshop skill not good enough to create shadow in white)

Do you think a white side plate would look good?  I tried to photoshop  the white, but to my surprise, it didn't look that good (could be my photshop skill not good enough to create shadow in white)

416772[/snapback]

Yeah, I will be doing them in Zero White. The color is different from the 1/48s. These are in grey, just so I can see the custom job and how it would look.

BTW - I've seen your skills at PS and they are much better than mine. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, but I prefer your casting ability...he..he...I really should get back to those photoshop projects, now that the World Cup is over :)

Keep us informed when they are ready for order.

EDIT: just a question, how are they snap onto the VF-0S or are they in experimental stages at the moment with glue?

Edited by Mowe

Thanks for the kind words, but I prefer your casting ability...he..he...I really should get back to those photoshop projects, now that the World Cup is over :)

EDIT: just a question, how are they snap onto the VF-0S or are they in experimental stages at the moment with glue?

416818[/snapback]

No glue was required. They attach just like the orginals.

i'll be looking for this in the FS section...but i still need to score one of these.

416844[/snapback]

Coming soon...as in tomorrow. Just a few more test for the correct color.

416818[/snapback]

i'll be looking for this in the FS section...but i still need to score one of these.

416844[/snapback]

416879[/snapback]

Hey bro when are you going to have these great looking side covers? Let me know so i can sign up. These look great keep updating us on these covers.

SD

416818[/snapback]

416844[/snapback]

416879[/snapback]

Hey bro when are you going to have these great looking side covers? Let me know so i can sign up. These look great keep updating us on these covers.

SD

417726[/snapback]

Go to my sig. B))

Edited by nightmareB4macross