Chromehounds!

anybody get it yet?

I picked it up yesterday and so far am having a blast with it.

so far I've only really been playing the single player mission because the online stuff makes no sense to me yet but I like what I see so far.

contrary to what people are saying the graphics are pretty damn good. trees crash down and trucks blow up with satisfying explosions if you stomp on them in your mech and you can take down entire buildings too.

and like the old Xbox game Phantom Crash there seems to be endless parts to buy and customize your mech with.

the only things that aren't that great are the repetitive, droning music and the pace the mechs crawl along on. i'm hoping tho that there'll be better legs, motors, generators etc. that'll speed the pace of the game up a bit. you can also get hover jets too which sound pretty cool.

I never got Steel Battalion for the Xbox1 so I'm kind of glad I got this game to make up for it.

928456_20060615_screen008.jpg

Singleplayer is mostly a glorified training setup. Online is very cool though. You play in a persistant war with three factions, so you capture and defend strategic positions.

They had problems with the servers but they've mostly been fixed now.

Chromehounds looks great. BTW, I never played Phantom Crash/S.L.A.I. (I guess it's rare since I don't see it at Gamestop or EB). Does it play like Mechassault or Armored Core?

Chromehounds looks great. BTW, I never played Phantom Crash/S.L.A.I. (I guess it's rare since I don't see it at Gamestop or EB). Does it play like Mechassault or Armored Core?

415909[/snapback]

Gameplay is a far more strategic and teambased version of MechAssault, the customisation is all Armored Core.

Am probably getting it today or tomorrow. Been waiting for this for awhile and while reviews have been cringing about the online game feeling too 'slow', I sort of like the idea of a slower, more deliberate PC Mechwarrior over the frenzied nature of the Mechwarrior Assault stuff... and the customization is ridiculous... you can even design up your own paint jobs/logos on top of all the various parts.

Any chance of a Macrossworld clan/squad starting up for this? Apparently to really participate online you need a squad of five or six to be effective in any engagement. I generally avoid clans because it often just becomes a bunch of immature clubs, but if I'm gonna breakdown and play with a bunch of immature people, it might as well be people from here. (j/k) :p

The Euro-American faction (well, moreso European with some support from the isolated and unplayable Americans) is currently being torn to pieces online... be fun to help out such a desperate side...

Mmmmmm Bawls, tastes like Yoshinol....yeeeesss.

I played it a bit, controls are pretty damn simple, and I love the fact I can get better kill shots by just switching to first person and just knocking the snot outta any HOUND that comes my way....I've been doing reall good with the missiles.

But first mission confuses me a bit.......so I dunno, I did something wrong and just don't know what.

415909[/snapback]

Gameplay is a far more strategic and teambased version of MechAssault, the customisation is all Armored Core.

415910[/snapback]

That's actually what I'd like in a mecha based game IMHO. Thanks!

The graphics are really nice, and a nice destructive enviorment too, I like pushing trees. However customized options have been sort of blah right now....I haven't had alot to work with cause I just suck. The last mission I played which was the enemy trap really knocked the crap outta my hound, I was basically out of ammo cause I was being ambushed quiet often.

That's actually what I'd like in a mecha based game IMHO. Thanks!

416042[/snapback]

It's worth pointing out though that Hounds is a slower game than both MechAssault and especially Armored Core. However, once you have a 6 man squad in-game the game speed makes a lot of sense tactically.

I just got this last night (actually, the wife LET me get it lol) and I was up until 2:30am playing it (that hasn't happened in awhile).

Anyway, I'm impressed. Great mech game. Like Armored Core but alot less complicated. Looking forward to playing online.

Vostok 7

If anybody's looking for a squad, I've gone ahead and made one.

Name is "Mobius Squad", right now its on the Morskoj side, everyone is welcome to join, just shoot me a message that you're from MW. My GT is Yushiro050

If any of you played Ace Combat 4, you may recognize something...