Slide card for PS2

jwinges

Can anyone suggest a good site to purchase a slide card for my PS2? Don't really understand how the card works but it looks like the cheapest route to play the new macross game. Looking for sites you've purchased from before and some advice as to if this is the right route to take.

ALso has anybody else heard there is an disc maketed in the US to play imports thats available at gamestop for the gamecube....I heard one is comming out for PS2 around x-mas

Can anyone suggest a good site to purchase a slide card for my PS2? Don't really understand how the card works but it looks like the cheapest route to play the new macross game. Looking for sites you've purchased from before and some advice as to if this is the right route to take.

ALso has anybody else heard there is an disc maketed in the US to play imports thats available at gamestop for the gamecube....I heard one is comming out for PS2 around x-mas

i;d get a chip

ali

I definitely want to get the PS2 Macross game, and I have no fear of modifying my PS2 (my EET senior project a couple months got me quite good at soldering ^_^).... but I just have no idea which mod chip to get... I keep hearing that all the good ones are gone, because Sony sued thier makers :(

I`m studying here in Japan and already got a used PS2 for like 140 bucks hihi.

Macross comes out on the 26th I believe and will retail for a whopping 6800 yen... or about 60 bucks. But I still got it preordered ;)

Judging from the ads on the TV at the electronic Store...

you play the whole game in DYRL garb (uniforms)

however, you play through the original TV campaign and DYRL campaign..as poor kakizaki gets nuked TWICE in the commercial lol. (One by overloading barrier and then by Milia)

Anyhow..I can`t wait for this game either.. tee hee

In my opinion you are best off buying an Import PS2 or getting a non-modchip mod such as the flip top lid with swap magic combo. I`ve tried the enigma and Magic Modchips and both burnt out in less than 2 months. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

Edited by Duymon

Mod chips will eventually destroy your laser unit. :( The best way to go would be to get a top-loading shell and a boot disk. :) The Gamecube disk is called a Freeloader and it's made by the same guys as the Action Replay. http://www.codejunkies.com/

Actually, the best mod chips won't mess up your laser for the fact that they recalibrate themselves when they first read your media.

For the flip top, the laser doesn't recalibrate itself, therefore making the laser work A LOT harder.

A modchip is the BEST way to go... Messiah2 or DMS3...