New 1:1 Dyrl Helmet

hirohawa

You all have Matt to thank for his encouragement. As Matt indicated, I had to put off several other projects to get his helmet done for him, and we're always booked months in advance at any given time. After my former partner fell ill and I was forced to put off the project for a while, the first people to order canceled on me, and I simply shelved the project altogether. It was Matt who convinced me to pick it up again and complete the prototype, and now he has the first one to show for it. I'd like to accept orders for others, but considering my past experience with the board, I'd rather not have a repeat performance of what occurred when I first began the project.

Well, that doesn't really say anything... First of all, it seems like people were right in the first place to call it vaporware since you HAD decidedly given up on it, until Matt convinced you and probably paid thru the nose just to have you pick up the project. Yet you were upset that people thought the project was dead.

Second, this thread was dead for a long time and you were surprised people cancelled on you? Based on what? Your word that you were going to finish it? I don't even think you have history with the boards.

Third, you seem to have attitude when someone questions you. As if any fact checking was a negative thing. I've had dealings with these board concerning high priced projects and they've come thru for me. The board and my name are pretty intact, but there have been many projects that have gone sour and it's never on the part of the people that gave money.

Speaking for myself and I'm sorry if I'm ruining it for anyone else but I wouldn't buy from you based on attitude alone. The quality seems good, but that doesn't give you the right to prance around and make people prove they deserve your helmet.

I think you chose your username pretty wisely there.

Well, that doesn't really say anything... First of all, it seems like people were right in the first place to call it vaporware since you HAD decidedly given up on it, until Matt convinced you and probably paid thru the nose just to have you pick up the project. Yet you were upset that people thought the project was dead.

Second, this thread was dead for a long time and you were surprised people cancelled on you? Based on what? Your word that you were going to finish it? I don't even think you have history with the boards.

Third, you seem to have attitude when someone questions you. As if any fact checking was a negative thing. I've had dealings with these board concerning high priced projects and they've come thru for me. The board and my name are pretty intact, but there have been many projects that have gone sour and it's never on the part of the people that gave money.

Speaking for myself and I'm sorry if I'm ruining it for anyone else but I wouldn't buy from you based on attitude alone. The quality seems good, but that doesn't give you the right to prance around and make people prove they deserve your helmet.

I think you chose your username pretty wisely there.

WOW. Thanks for putting me in my place. Don't worry, I won't be holding my breath for an order from you.

:D

WOW. Thanks for putting me in my place. Don't worry, I won't be holding my breath for an order from you.

:D

Yeah. I wouldn't... funny. I deleted that because I thought maybe I need to calm down before posting here after I read your post... But I pretty much still feel the same way. You musta had the thread on refresh because it was only up for less than a second.

Hope you get the groveling you deserve for such high art.

reposted my post.

You seem to forget that while you may have deleted your post here, the email notification system still includes the content of your post, therefore I was subjected to your literary diatribe even though you hid it from the forum.

I apologize if anyone here has misinterpreted anything I've said as an attack. My purpose was in fact to defend myself from negative comments made about me, and if that's not allowed here, then again, I apologize.

Peace.

The work on the helmet looks great. I never liked the design of the t.v. style helmet all that much. Now, if a Mospeada helmet was made, that's a different story. good work though. Being as this project has been going on for ever so long, I'd expect to see a decent looking product.

You seem to forget that while you may have deleted your post here, the email notification system still includes the content of your post, therefore I was subjected to your literary diatribe even though you hid it from the forum.

I apologize if anyone here has misinterpreted anything I've said as an attack. My purpose was in fact to defend myself from negative comments made about me, and if that's not allowed here, then again, I apologize.

Peace.

I didn't forget. It was actually in the back of my mind when I deleted it. The fact that you reposted it meant you wanted to open up the subject. I could have left sleeping dogs lie.

lol, what the hell. Take it easy guys. :D

No, i paid the original quote given and it's worth every cent no extras, an exaggeration on my behalf that i paid through my ass, you must forgive the aussie humour

and attitude it's all for fun, but the notion of having another helm even if it's not Hikarus displayed exclusively before what i believe is my right to show off the faith an

commitment i helped Steve with even though he is the artist and didn't need any help, just little gentle nudges helped bring it along and it makes me feel good to see

Steve finish something he had every intention of completitng, just sooner rather than later. Steve is a bg Macross fan, and has a heap of cool projects lined up.

Originally i said"vapoee'd" lol, jokingly but also meant to spur on the production of the helm, i wanted it to happen badly haha, given Steve's quality and awesome craft.

Steve and I got bigger things happening not just displaying at mac aus con, but in Japan.

Be cool everyone please.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Peace.

It seems like you took offense, and felt the need to defend yourself for something that seems people had a right to think. I would think that after many many months of no pics, a thread that was started in 07, and someone just saying that they're "working on it", would be vaproware also. If you thought that, as negative comments, they just seem more objective comments than anything. It's why people here post pics of work in progress, if even once a month, so that people still know that things are being worked on.

I don't know, the post in trying to prove naysayers wrong seemed a bit off, and there seemed to be no need to "defend yourself". You probably should've let your finished product stand on its own. That would've been good enough.

You probably should've let your finished product stand on its own. That would've been good enough.

I agree, and as I often do, perhaps I overstated my case, instead of just posting pictures and leaving it at that.

Enough said.

Yes, Matt and I have other things planned, but we'll leave them to be revealed in their own good time.

;)

Currently in talks with a model/come/cosplayer, i'm hoping she can do a Minmay or Misa for us. :)

Sweeet :)

I look forward :)

Thanks again for sharing pics and your project, this sort of stuff is uncommon, and really cool, one of the reasons I check out the forums.

Thanks again for sharing pics and your project, this sort of stuff is uncommon, and really cool, one of the reasons I check out the forums.

Agreed!!! I do like seeing uncommon things done, and this is one of the things that definitely stand out. Can't wait to see what you do later on.

gallery_3118_337_102844.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry759313

Opened up a new thread in the Fan Works category, coz i'm cosplaying it! Roar! :p There she is pic above, sitting on me coffee table just how i envisioned!

Need to have my missus in a Misa maid otfit and the setting will be complete! :p

Dreams DO come true thankyou Steve aka General Mayhem of the awesome Shadow Dale Creations!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nahh it's not hot, it's really light, and as i mentioned very sturdy, not that i would attenpt to see how it holds up after a drop. lol

The padding that i'm getting organized to fit my size will make it hotter though, but who cares, i look hot. :p HIKARU STYLE! : D

I was out in the sun for about 20 minutes, minimal sweat. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie