Upload Avatar

I've tried numerous times to upload a different avatar and it won't let me! I get the "'Avatar choice updated' 'Please wait while we transfer you...'" screen but it still doesn't upload my new avatar! Yes I've made sure the picture is in the right dimensions, yes I've made sure it's in the right format, and yes I've made sure the size is under 150KB (the .jpg is about 4.36KB actually). Please fix this. Thanks

Edited by Oihan

Just use a free image provider like imageshack.us or similar.

Edit: Furthermore, I just tried it and it works fine.

409472[/snapback]

I don't know why it hates me then...ffs!

Edit:I just tried it again, and it doesn't like it. I even removed the avatar I currently have, then tried renaming the file I want uploaded to a completely different and random name. Yet, after trying to upload the picture AGAIN, it just brought back the current one I'm using. -_-

Edit #2: I did as YellowLightMan suggested and that worked. But I still can't upload a new picture directly from my computer. It insists upon using the one of Eri from School Rumble! Please still fix this. :/

Edited by Oihan

What type of image are you trying to use? The site is limited to certain types only (.jpeg, etc.) and size limits. Maybe it is rejecting the image due to those sizes?

That, or the adress that you are using for the image is for an image other than the one that you want?

What type of image are you trying to use?  The site is limited to certain types only (.jpeg, etc.) and size limits.  Maybe it is rejecting the image due to those sizes?

That, or the adress that you are using for the image is for an image other than the one that you want?

409485[/snapback]

Well, I've already stated that I double checked for image size/dimensions/format. BUT, it's a 4.36KB .jpg file. The dimensions, in pixels are 128x96. I've tried renaming the file to something completely random and stored it in several different locations.

Hmmm... I don't really know what could be the problem then.

The only advice I have is to keep the name of the file (and I guess that would include the linking URL address to, if possible) simple.

I've had the experience in the past of html files saved in the past not being able to 'register and display' oddly named images, despite all being in the same folder, and saved at the same time.

Odd name examples include having a 'space', -, \, and other non-roman alphabet characters that windows computers occasionally use as part of the file ID process.

Therefore, I recommend as simple a name as possible. For example, my avatar image is: TrainStation.jpg in .../Sketchley/Locations/ (All "simple" directories.)

Edited by sketchley

Hmmm... I don't really know what could be the problem then.

The only advice I have is to keep the name of the file (and I guess that would include the linking URL address to, if possible) simple.

I've had the experience in the past of html files saved in the past not being able to 'register and display' oddly named images, despite all being in the same folder, and saved at the same time.

Odd name examples include having a 'space', -, \, and other non-roman alphabet characters that windows computers occasionally use as part of the file ID process.

Therefore, I recommend as simple a name as possible.  For example, my avatar image is: TrainStation.jpg in .../Sketchley/Locations/ (All "simple" directories.)

409489[/snapback]

Well, it was named Silvie2.jpg and then I renamed it to MacrossIISilvieGena.jpg I guess it isn't so random but it just a bunch of sh*t I added to the name of the file that doesn't need to be there ("random").

My best guess would be browser cache. I'd clear that before uploading, and if it didn't work, clear it immediatly afterwards.

409889[/snapback]

Wow I'm a dumbass/Jack-ass. Thanks JB0! I cleared the cache and it worked perfectly.

Edit:lol @ the word filter.... I typed Jack ass as one word and it replaced it as Tom Cruise

Edited by Oihan

My best guess would be browser cache. I'd clear that before uploading, and if it didn't work, clear it immediatly afterwards.

409889[/snapback]

Wow I'm a dumbass/Jack-ass. Thanks JB0! I cleared the cache and it worked perfectly.

Edit:lol @ the word filter.... I typed Jack ass as one word and it replaced it as Tom Cruise

409923[/snapback]

You're Macross 2 kung fu is weak! :p

409889[/snapback]

It was probably always uploading right, and your browser just wasn't properly updating things on your end. They get stupid with the cache sometimes.

Edit:lol @ the word filter....  I typed Jack ass as one word and it replaced it as Tom Cruise

409923[/snapback]

Now THAT'S a good filter.