Hand set for the 1/48 Valkyrie

Mr March

I currently own two 1/48 scale Yamato Valkyries (one VF-1A Hikaru and one VF-1S Roy) and I absolutely love them. I purchase one set of FAST Packs and I couldn't have hoped for a finer addition to the 1/48 Yamato series.

However, I'm in somewhat of a predicament. I really don't have any desire to purchase any more Valkyries. What I do want very, VERY much is a set or two of those new hands featured on the VF-1J 1/48 Scale Yamato. I also very much want to have FAST Packs for both my 1/48 Valkyries.

I'm curious to know what are my options. I'm holding out the hope that Yamato will decide to release different sets of hands with future FAST Pack sets, so I can wait until they do so to purchase my second FAST Packs set and obtain those hands. But I have no idea if Yamato would do such a thing. Is my only option to buy a VF-1J in order to obtain those hands?

Basically, what plans do Yamato have for those hands. Yamato must know there's plenty of 1/48 owners that would be interested in those hand sets to feature on Valkyries they already own. But what can I do about it and what is Yamato planning...if anything?

Graham? Others?

Edited by Mr March

Buy some plastic Mickey Mouse figurines and cut the hands off of them. They look about the same (I realize that it's an unpopular opinion around here, but I'll take DYRL? hands over TV hands anyday).

Sarcasm aside, maybe one of the guys who do recasts will make a set of hands available who like that sort of thing.

Well, the hands may be the cheesy television series versions, but I do like them much better than the articulated hands currently plaguing the 1/48 cast. While I agree the DYRL? hands are far superior, I'll take these hands. The tv style hands are more properly proportioned and they do away with the wrists, which shortens the appearance of the arms. The improvement is very apparent IMO.

I'll look into the fan market for those hands if I have to. I want them. Don't be shy with me if you are making hands, all you recasters out there! :)

I just ordered a Gundam kit that may have square finger hands that will fit the 1/48 well, if they do I will most likely customize them to have the signature rectangle on the back of the hands, have an easy attachment system to the 1/48, try and find a way to tint them so they match the 1/48, and recast them if people want

Edited by mslz22

Half a year ago when I first saw the new TV hands for the 1/48 VF-1J, I suggested to Yamato that they should make a set of non-articulated DYRL type hands. I also reminded them of this during my last meeting about a month and a half ago.

However, as far as I know they don't have plans to make any, so I wouldn't hold your breath waitng for them. However, I have been wrong before, so who knows.

Graham

Wow, I admire your strength of convictions to stay limited to only two Valks Mr. March.

Not that you really asked, but if I were you, I'd sell the VF-1A (and soon! Before any possible re-releases come out) and pick up the 1J with FAST packs. Then you can maximize your valks by having...

a DYRL FAST pack Roy and a (not really cannon) TV 1J FAST pack or...

a single TV FAST pack 1S with TV Hikaru piloting or...

a TV 1S with funny dressing Roy with TV Hikaru in a 1J (or recast the TV Hikaru to make a new TV Roy and fix the funny dressing thing)

a DYRL 1S plus the all important 1J for when Yamato finally decides to make a GBP armor set. :p

The possibilities are endless... or at least just over four or so.

Wow, I admire your strength of convictions to stay limited to only two Valks Mr. March.

Not that you really asked, but if I were you, I'd sell the VF-1A (and soon! Before any possible re-releases come out) and pick up the 1J with FAST packs. Then you can maximize your valks by having...

a DYRL FAST pack Roy and a (not really cannon) TV 1J FAST pack or...

a single TV FAST pack 1S with TV Hikaru piloting or...

a TV 1S with funny dressing Roy with TV Hikaru in a 1J (or recast the TV Hikaru to make a new TV Roy and fix the funny dressing thing)

a DYRL 1S plus the all important 1J for when Yamato finally decides to make a GBP armor set. :p

The possibilities are endless... or at least just over four or so.

Forcing myself to own a maximum of two or three Valkyries is a way to keep myself grounded. If I can limit myself to only a few Valkyries and stay there, I'll never be in danger of spending all my money getting each and every 1/48 Yammie :)

Right now, selling my VF-1A and purchasing the VF-1J with FAST Packs does seem like the most wise option to get all I want. I think that's what I'll have to do.

hey man,

i suggested in the toy review section to use the super poseable alpha/veritech hands.

you just have to trim the peg down a bit and they fit real nice and grip the gunpod tight.

the low-viz is no problem with the sp alpha hands cause the paint matches.

the only problem is matching the paint for the off-white valks. i tried painting them, but vinyl and enamel paints don't work too well together and i have no idea what kind of paint will hold up on vinyl. anyone?

i'm waiting on kam63 to send me some sp veritech hands....thanks kam! :)

i don't know what color they are but i'm sure they look more official then the alpha hands.....hopefully white. :unsure: