Yamato Figures Yf-11,yf-19,yf-21 Fastpack/standard

retroborg

Hello,

I have a few queries concerning the MACROSS PLUS Yamato transformable Valkyrie figures.

Except for the obvious colour differences and packaging, what other differences are there between:

1. VF-11B & VF-11B Fast Pack

2. YF-19 & VF-19A

3. YF-21 & YF-21 Fast Pack

Are they all the same quality and size of 1:60 scale or are they 1:55 scale like the Bandai Valkyries?

I want to buy the VF-11, YF-19, & YF-21 but I’m not sure if I should go for the “Fast Pack†editions, the standard ones or the “A†VF-19A instead of the YF-19?

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have a few queries concerning the MACROSS PLUS Yamato transformable Valkyrie figures.

Except for the obvious colour differences and packaging, what other differences are there between:

1. VF-11B & VF-11B Fast Pack

2. YF-19 & VF-19A

3. YF-21 & YF-21 Fast Pack

Are they all the same quality and size of 1:60 scale or are they 1:55 scale like the Bandai Valkyries?

I want to buy the VF-11, YF-19, & YF-21 but I’m not sure if I should go for the “Fast Pack†editions, the standard ones or the “A†VF-19A instead of the YF-19?

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

391970[/snapback]

HERE:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_yamato.htm

As you've seen, they're 1:72. But your question is phrased in such a way that it sounds like that needs a bit of clarification.

The scale is a ratio. It's saying the toy is 55/60/72 times smaller than the "real thing"(in this case, the official sizes of the mechs).

Just because 2 toys are the same scale doesn't mean they're the same size.

Best example is the QRau toys. They're 1/60 scale, but similar in size to the 1/48 VF-1 toys.

As for quality... that's a variable target.

The MacPlus toys are a LOT newer design than the Bandai VF-1s. And targetted more at collectors than children. They're far more accurate, but far less durable too.

The 1/60 Yamato VF-1s are a newer design than the Mac+ toys, but with the same target market. Yamato applied everything they learned from the Plus toys to the 1/60 designs. They're more durable, and probably more accurate.