Fan Works That Weren't

The_WOZ

Been a person who likes a lot of different activities, from electronics to programming & from 3d-modeling to woodcrafts. I have started a lot of macross related projects, but actually, I only finished a couple of them.

So, I have the idea, to start this new topic for people like me to show our unfinished fan works.

Lets start with a custom variable fighter design based on the P-38 Lighting, only 3 scans survive, as I throw away the original drawing:

post-1093-1143777905_thumb.jpg

Even a game!

I don't remember when I started this, haven't worked on it for like 2 years, except for a little fix I did some weeks ago, to make it work again after a winxp system restoration delete 1 critical config file of the game.

The 'game' (you can't actually kill anything) is quite customizable, as all the ship configuration resides on external config and data files.

The game engine features:

-Tile map engine

-Pixel perfect collitions with physics

-sparks and trail effect

-target following missiles

post-1093-1143779575.jpg

post-1093-1143779586.jpg

This drawing is a result of a long gone topic about drawing with simple software like paint.

So I draw this Misa on GEOPAINT running on a C=64 emulator.

The fact is that I didn't finish it because I'm soo lazy. :p

post-1093-1143780121_thumb.gif

I got one for you :p

one of my own VF designs,

I've always wanted to build it, but I can't seem to find the right materials to make it happen... :lol:

and i had the "transformation math" all worked out... now i gotta figure it out all over again :ph34r:

post-2535-1143911368_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1143911629_thumb.jpg

EDIT: PICS !!!

Edited by UN_MARINE

I got one for you  :p

I've always wanted to build it, but I can't seem to find the right materials to make it happen...  :lol:

and i had the "transformation math" all worked out... now i gotta figure it out all over again :ph34r:

386590[/snapback]

WOW! :o

I got one for you  :p

I've always wanted to build it, but I can't seem to find the right materials to make it happen...  :lol:

386590[/snapback]

That is a great design! You should really work on that and finalize it. Probably one of the best fan created Valkyries I've ever seen.

thanks  :D

i guess the real "WOW" will go to the model, IF it ever gets built  :lol:

hmm... that MDF stuff looks pretty good, how'd you get all that detail in ?

I used the material once, but it didn't agree with me :(

386624[/snapback]

Well, I use this material on my everyday work.

I first cut the basic shape with a scrollsaw, then I use a rotary tool to carve and give the piece the first details. And finally sand paper and a cutter knife for fine detailing.

If you are careful, you can get very fine details in this material. For example, the arms are hollow where it joints with the upper arm, just like in the plastic models (but not that clean)

Well here's my Macross Character drawings I actually submitted 2 weeks earlier but didn't get much feed back. I actually wanted to add some pics of my favorite VF, the VF-2SS into my charcter drawings as a collage but didn't have enough room to do so.

post-3657-1143938780_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1143938824_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1143938841_thumb.jpg

post-3657-1143938860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phalanx

I had planned on inking it better with photoshop but i had gotten lazy and just left in a dust covered folder in my computer. the first of a lot i've got but i felt like putting this one up to start my contribution to this forum B))

macross%20polo%20copy.png

I had planned on inking it better with photoshop but i had gotten lazy and just left in a dust covered folder in my computer. the first of a lot i've got but i felt like putting this one up to start my contribution to this forum B))

macross%20polo%20copy.png

387154[/snapback]

Like it! Show us more!

I almost forgot this Mahara (from macross 7 trash)scan that I was colouring way before I heard of the MacrossWolrd forums.

I stopped because I cannot get the right flightsuit color.

post-1093-1144440430_thumb.jpg