The Mw Automotive Thread Ii

Nice pice, ComicKaze, but there are a few things to note:

1. I know you like the EVO Prototype X, but don't post multiple pics of the same angle. Try limiting your pics of one particular car to the basic angles (front, side, rear, front-quarter). Also, you have too many copies of the same Murcielago pics.

2. Certain pics - most notably those of wheels, the Mini Cooper and the front of the Viper - should be rotated so that people won't have to tilt their heads to look at them.

3. If you did go to the NAIAS, tell us about it. Write something about each car you encountered, especially the EVO Prototype X, as you've posted dozens of pics of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is rather er, well--fugly. Someone ought to grab the head honcho's at D-C by the scruff of the neck, shake 'em around a bit and shout: "look, you've got a clear winner in the Challenger; it looks good, buyers have expressed unequivocally that they want it, and you've got a great powerplant/s to stick in it and give it some balls. Quit dickin' around and get 'em to the showrooms already!!"

I see Forza Motorsport Challenge premiered on SPEED--I caught most but not all of it. Seems pretty interesting so far. Hell, anything's better than their normal of 22 hrs of NASCAR, 1 hr of dirt/monster trucks and 1 hr of any other kind of racing!

Not sure about all the competitor's backgrounds--Gushi is a sonsored drifter, and Angela Cope [the butt of "girlie racer" scoffing early in the show] is a karter and NASCAR driver Derrick Cope's niece. The others are apparently amateurs[?]

Lou Gigliotti lends some credence to the show--he's a pro racer with serious credentials; should make a helluva good coach for the "kid" driving the C6 Vette, and is also well known for his Corvette high performance tuning.

Bit of a brand-image "disaster" for Year One, with both their cars plagued with mechanical problems only one episode into it. Then again, they're known more for their "show" than "go" with muscle cars.

I imagine Gushi's curb-hop in the road race will probably draw the ire of many in racing circles. Some will surely condemn it as "video-game" style racing, gutsy but seriously dangerous.

Edited by reddsun1

LOL, I knew the response to Gushi's "mad pass" would be pretty harsh. Some of the feedback from the SCCA boards...

"Gushi is a work of art, good thing only 2 cars were involved in the lead battle. If someone was ahead of Meir(forgot how to spell his name) it would have been ugly for him/her. Then the banging on the steering wheel and cursing was just hilarious, serious tard material."

"I'm not a fan of that crazy-arse pass he tried at the chicane. I thought that was going to end in tears and $$$."

"Yeah that was brilliant, serious assclown Type R material there."

"I'm not so sure that he tried tht move. I think he didn't realize, or forgot that a Corvette could slow down for that turn, and a Z car, well, not so much. Otherwise maybe he watched the Road Atlanta Speed GT race and thought he could pull the same move on a Corvette that Bob Woodhouse did."

Tough crowd, tough crowd. :p

Hyundai does have a V8 RWD sedan coming out. If they can stick that same formula with a manual 6 speed into something as light as the Tiburon, American companies would be more screwed than they already are. And further than that, the engineer for the V8 was the former engineer for BMW who developed their 4.4liter V8 and their 5.0liter V8. Hyundai also snagged the former head body designer of Audi, so you're basically getting a German car with superior electronics and manufacturing.

Edited by emajnthis

Seriously. Watching idiots slam into each other and everything else in mere 100 hp sedans makes me wonder about the glorious death someone could experience with a 1200 hp monster of a car...

Could someone tell me where I can find seat Covers?

I just bought a Toyota $runner 2007, and at the dealer they are $150 each for the front seats, so $300 for both seats.

I was trying to find on google but cant find anything.

Could someone tell me where I can find seat Covers?

I just bought a Toyota $runner 2007, and at the dealer they are $150 each for the front seats, so $300 for both seats.

I was trying to find on google but cant find anything.

Have you tried eBay?

Yup, that Holden's been in this thread a few pgs back. Strictly a styling exercise--too bad--with no hopes of ever seeing production, AFAIK. But it shows the designers there definitely have an eye for stylish, hot rod-inspired lines. This one's got lots of character to it.

well, I've got something new to add here:

I bought my first new car!!! (on tuesday)

a '07 Toyota Yaris hatch w/a 5-speed.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

For those interested about electronics in cars, this thing's loaded (that's the ONLY part besides the car payment that I'm not happy with) both the steering and the throttle are "fly-by-wire" style, there's no accelerator cable, and no steering linkage. It's all done by solenoids.....freaky. All these electronic sensors in this thing, and Toyota couldn't include a tachometer?? what's up with that??

3rd day driving impressions/battyings: It's been a fun little car so far, I haven't put 200 miles on it yet. The exhaust is quiet....even with the door open and the engine idling, you'd have to listen really close to tell if it's even running. I stalled it 4 times today! Me, who learned how to drive on a diesel MT car, not even stalling it, has stalled a brand new Toyota no less than 10 times in 2 days......It's flat-out embarrassing!

Power.......don't ask, really, just dont. How does, "nonexistant" sound? In all actuality though, it's got enough to get it going pretty good, so I won't be rear-ended by a delivery truck.

Handling....this is where the little bugger really shines, I took a freeway circular off-ramp at 50mph without any problems, no squealing from the tires or anything. Toyota had this thing nailed when it comes to handling.

Oh, as far as the options that came in it, Mine's pretty close to a stripper model, the only thing that was optioned on it was the "Convenience package" A/C, a CD/MP3 player, and an auxilary port for said MP3 player. No power windows or door locks; just the way I like it.

The nice thing is: this car might last me the next 20+ years, it's kinda nice to buy something I don't have to work on every other week for once.

and the money being saved by the gas mileage is going towards the "get a Diplomat/Gran Fury/5th Ave" fund...hopefully I can pick up a good one by next spring, and go hit drift events in the summer of '08.

What made you decide to get a Yaris?

The reliability, the quality, the fuel mileage, and the fact it's a light car with a stick, and it's a Toyota. The price was a big selling point too.

Congratulations! Cute car. I think you made a good choice. Reliable, affordable, and you won't have to pay a fortune for insurance.

I don't know if it has been previously discussed on this thread (my laptop sucks for searches) but I have a question about Bumblebee from the TF Movie. (The GTO that Saleen converted into a Camaro). Is it just a mock up for shots? Just asking since I noticed that in all the pictures I have seen Bumblebee has no calipers. (I suppose one explanation that is possible is that it could have electromagnetic brakes, but that seems to be a much too costly expenditure for a rolling movie prop).

IPB Image

Edited by trueblueeyes