Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

What is the EBcraft/ Koto Saber? I haven't heard of it.

Essentially, it's an EBCraft Hyper Saber modified with a more anime-accurate Kotobukiya head. You can see a short walkthrough here or a more complete photo shoot here. It's a bit expensive, but quite worth the effort (IMO, of course).

Essentially, it's an EBCraft Hyper Saber modified with a more anime-accurate Kotobukiya head. You can see a short walkthrough here or a more complete photo shoot here. It's a bit expensive, but quite worth the effort (IMO, of course).

Thanks for jogging my memory. I remember seeing one of those on HLJ some time ago, but at the time I hadn't seen any of Fate/ Stay night so I forgot all about it. I've wasn't that impressed with the realistic head but the anime version definately has my attention. BTW how many versions of this figure exist? I've seen another one with a cloth costume.

Great score BTW she looks awesome.

Thanks for jogging my memory. I remember seeing one of those on HLJ some time ago, but at the time I hadn't seen any of Fate/ Stay night so I forgot all about it. I've wasn't that impressed with the realistic head but the anime version definately has my attention. BTW how many versions of this figure exist? I've seen another one with a cloth costume.

Great score BTW she looks awesome.

Well, it depends.. If you are looking for statues/ figurines, there's quite a number of them, all in various poses and various stage of undress. :rolleyes:

If you are looking for action figures, there's (AFAIK) only really three types: The Revoltech Saber (and the Dark Saber, of course), the EB Hyper Saber figure, and the Azone cloth costume version that you mentioned. All has some drawbacks, particularly the head sculpt.

Thought i should tell u bout this, Lynx. Ebcraft Archer due August. ;)

http://www.hlj.com/product/ENT01395

http://www.amazon.co.jp/HYPER-COLLECTION-n...UTF8&s=toys

I dunno wth is that mask about though....

I pass. Archer's not my favourite character. (At any rate, I thought it's out already?) A Revoltech Archer though, might be affordable enough (and got this back on topic again! :D )

Why are you linking to a Cicakman??

d-2.jpg

Don't you just love it how you can hardly see the supporting rod between the Winged Eva-05? Like wow man.

My mossy X-Wing is awesome for having that extra angle and moss for having my Eva-s goin at it.

e-1.jpg

I love these figures... :wub:

g.jpg

brb i will do a pick of the downed Eva-05...

You can't rip off the legs (only arms, replaced with bloody stubs, and of course the brain hanging out head haha)

So what i did was twist the poor bastards legs around to make it look like a very VERY nasty break.

And of course notice seeing the wings laid on the ground from Asuka ripping them off! haha.

Ohh and btw the wings can't be placed onto the Eva-02 movie version, i thought maybe coz the actual figure was

pretty much the same type as the Eva-05, but no, not without a scalpel. lol Any ideas the best way to mod it?

NUU KITTY, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one :o:wacko:

p.jpg

too late! :(:ph34r:

q.jpg

o.jpg

lol, ohh well another one bites the dust. Take that you bastard. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just need to say how dissapointed i am that they never included a "Beserk" alternative head for Eva-02.

Hopefully, in the new larger line of movie Evas, Asuka's will have the berserker head.

Seriously, if they are redoing the whole series, but in movie format, Asuka will be there... maybe not the 1st movie.

Asuka is an integral part of Eva.

The 2nd movie will all be about her! lol

Damn, those things are tiny. Hopefully the movie version Eva's will be near the same size as the old ones, I just can't bring myself to buy any more of the old figures with these revoltech things looking so good! The proggressive knives actually come out of the shoulder pads, now that's detail.

The new generation 2 revoltechs (starting the white Eva) are all bigger. 14cm tall vs 12cm tall on the older ones. I didn't even realize this until I opened my Eva 01 Type F a couple days ago, at least a head taller than all my older revoltech super robots. Feels more like a normal sized action figure now and hides the ball joints better with the bigger body size, though now they don't match up very well with all the smaller generation 1 ones.

Aw damn, it just figures that Eva-04 is before the generation 2 revoltechs. :( Still love mine. :) Berserk head, Eva-sized mp5 in right hand, uber-giant ballistic shield in other hand. Looks cool.

Damn, those things are tiny. Hopefully the movie version Eva's will be near the same size as the old ones, I just can't bring myself to buy any more of the old figures with these revoltech things looking so good! The proggressive knives actually come out of the shoulder pads, now that's detail.

I thought they opened at first too, but they don't, they are the same as the first Gen Revoltech Eva's,

only have the swappable normal shoulder, and the opened prog/knife should. HLJ.com has confirming pics.

I'm dissapointed about it, and i think i started that rumour, but that's only after i saw pics that certainly looked like

it actually did open. I am also dissapointed that they "still" didn't include sheaths for the dual swords.

Check out the hlj.com page for the new Eva-00 movie version... she comes packed with the Gatt gun and dual swords?

How come Eva-01 doesn't get packaged with the swords? I know why, they want Eva-00 to be more appealing. :p

And i have to say the new Eva-00 Yello scheme is growing on me. No shoulder packs and all.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just got my Dark Saber. IMO not as good as Saber, but decent enough. Right elbow's sticking a bit too much for my liking.

Revealed Excalibur is sweet, especially paired with Saber.

Pics should be taken during the weekend. But lately work's been a royal PITA, so best effort.

Seriously, that figure has really grown on me now due to the poses displayed in that gallery Black Valk.

Why couldn't the original have come with half as many cool accessories as this one. <_<

This may sound a bit odd but I would kill for Revol figs of the main characters from Virtua Cop 3. Or the Ninja and Sold Snake from MGS 1,2 and 4. Ryu from the new Ninja Gaiden games.

One thing that's puzzling me now. Why is that tiny pic the only one have seen of the VF-1J? Normally we would be seeing lots of them in different poses and so on by now.

The Patlabor Revos just came in today, here's the whole shebang. BTW if you're wondering EVA-04's taking a smokin' break, kinda hard to see the cigarette.

lol awesome Revy display man. I bow to you. :D Makes me want an Eva-04 now....

I might give the SOC Eva-04 a miss and just get the Revoltech version. :p

Revoltechs are just soo kewwwllll!!!

Hmm, a thought occured, if the new movies are gonna rehash everything, maybe they

will give Eva-04 air time.... i think i'll wait for the new Eva line to expand up to Eva-04.......

I got enough first line Eva Revy's as it is...

1 x Eva-02 series

1 x Eva-02 movie

1 x Eva-05 weapon

2 x Eva-05 Wing....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie