Microsoft Designs The Ipod Package

I can see why this is science fiction related, because we all know that Microsoft wouldn't have left so much open space even on the finished product in that video!!!

:lol:  :lol:

379345[/snapback]

Don't make me link a Windows XP box. It's as clean as an iPod box, at least on the front.

I'm glad they're reminding me what a Gig is, I constantly forget.

379356[/snapback]

You're forgiven. Given hard drive manufacturers currently insist on using a base 10 gigabyte(1 Gigabyte 1000 megabytes) to maximize apparent storage space while computers do and always have used base 2 gigabytes(1 GB = 1024 megabytes), it's hard to keep it all straight.

feh. I can see why apple zealots would find that humerous since they all get spoon fed everything from the great steve jobs... same hardware, same software. After all, since everyone is using the same product, no one needs to know what it does and what it needs. Of course if you're some dumb PC user with all these different choices in OS, music software, different hardware connfigurations and actually care about and know what's inside your box then gosh, maybe that stuff is actually useful.

feh. I can see why apple zealots would find that humerous since they all get spoon fed everything from the great steve jobs... same hardware, same software. After all, since everyone is using the same product, no one needs to know what it does and what it needs. Of course if you're some dumb PC user with all these different choices in OS, music software, different hardware connfigurations and actually care about and know what's inside your box then gosh, maybe that stuff is actually useful.

379572[/snapback]

i don't know about spoon fed. apple just creates aesthetically better packaging. and it's cool that way because their marketing "strategerie" separates them from the rest of software and hardware manufacturers.

if an apple or dumb PC user decides to make a purchase, i'm sure each makes an effort by common sense to do a research before making a purchase.

and as for microsoft, they could care less about the look of their packaging because they know they have dumb PC users by the balls; since 90% of computer users are on windows based machines.

Ooooooookaaaaaaaay.

Sorry but this is a lock before the PC versus Mac holy wars start up again.

(For the record I did not laugh at this... I'm in product package design and this little "joke movie" is just another day in my regular life. "Hey, can we fit this extra bit of text on our cat food package that says "FOR CATS"?" :rolleyes: )