Gantz

Godzilla

Dear lord, NEVER have I been so engrossed in a manga like this. I'm simultaneously getting the mangas while reading each one, then going back to this board like every 3 minutes to see if any of you updated this.

SPOILER!

HOLY FUK I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE ALL (....silence)

God, that Tomb Raider chick / Lara Croft wannabe was DAMN hot.

Dear lord, NEVER have I been so engrossed in a manga like this.  I'm simultaneously getting the mangas while reading each one, then going back to this board like every 3 minutes to see if any of you updated this.

SPOILER!

HOLY FUK I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE ALL (....silence)

God, that Tomb Raider chick / Lara Croft wannabe was DAMN hot.

374566[/snapback]

And to think your ONLY half-way through it! :p

It's quite interesting now, it looks like the series has moved to a new cast of characters...around 110.

My question is...will Kei show up again? (Actually don't answer to that...I'll find out sooner or later)

Also, has the Manga ended this series yet?

Edited by Spatula

It's quite interesting now, it looks like the series has moved to a new cast of characters...around 110.

My question is...will Kei show up again?  (Actually don't answer to that...I'll find out sooner or later)

Also, has the Manga ended this series yet?

374617[/snapback]

Oh you mean ONLY this cast. You should be on the thrid cast right now. The manga is up to 226 is that high enough? :p

The 'story' should be kicking in soon though. One word 'Vampires'. ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, you don't know "massacre" until you read chapter 123+.

375036[/snapback]

And your nearly 50 chapters too soon to be using the word massacre to describe Gantz! :lol: Dude Izumi AIN'T going anywhere for a long while.... ;)

And since it looks like your another person who enjoy's violence/sick reading material let me add to your list.

Reddrum327, Agharta, Armagedon, Basilisk, D. Grayman, Chninkel, Chun Chu, Dogs: Hardcore Twins, Dorohedoro, Eden, Fire Candy, Freesia, Homunculus, Hagane, Kamikaze, King of Thorns, Koudelka, Kurozuka, Le Cirque de Karakuri(Karakumi Circus), Leviathan, Mai Hime, Mai Otome, Milk Closet, MPD - Psycho, Otogi Matsuri, Pluto, Psychometer Eiji, Skyhigh, Skyhigh Karma, Strain, Togari, Tomie, Uzumaki(the Spiral), Zetman(the last 10+ chapters have had at least 1-2 deaths in each), Zombie Hunter, & 3x3 Eyes(hey at 40 volumes it's a nice little shounen title).

Some of this title are being published right now.

It's not so much the GURO that I'm after, it's the GURO that adds to the story. I've read the Battle Royale manga and it's TERRIBLE! The Novel is WAY much better, because the characters don't look so dorky. No seriously. And the blood is much too overdone in the manga. When you have to imagine what the blood is like when reading the novel, I find it much more satisfying.

OMG, Berserk is not on that list...

375283[/snapback]

I read a single chapter of Berserk and declared it a drop dead bore and a throughly over rated manga. Sorry, but that's IMO. The whole deposed royalty is over played and not even the characterazation will save it.

--------

Well to be honest only 2-3 of the titles I've listed has excessive guro. Many of the others have horror mixed with blood shed and a solid story. While others are slightly gory mind Fuks'. Eden for example uses story and blood shed hand in hand with neither being excess nor standing on it's own nor independent.

I felt that the Battle Royale novel was a poor read(7th grade max) and the GN's portraying the violence better(though not correctly). ;)

I'm thinking that Viz comics had some issues translating from the original text of the Battle Royale novel to English, and probably had to use more basic vocabulary to keep to the meaning. However I do agree that the style/tone was a bit on the elementary side, seeing that the nature of this story is geared towards young adults/mature audiences.

I'm up to 169. WOW! Kurono got asked out by the idol??!?!?

If I were him, it'd be a VERY difficult decision, especially what would happen if the idol were to die because of you? Plus, imagine all the BAD publicity that would circulate with a hottie mixed up with this "dopey" Highschooler. Weird. I'd stick with Tae.

No wait, I'd hit the idol, but then break up after VERY quickly and talk to Tae again...

It's rare for me to be interested in such love-girl/guy friend relationships, yeah soaps definately aren't my thing...but theres always a nice side of me.

Well...197, crazy stuff happening. What's weird is just I find the pace way too fast now. Most of the character build up is in the fight scenes, and there are MANY. I'm surprised that Kurono isn't like super exhausted by now. Seriously. Those alien dudes popping out everywhere. What is this Resident Evil 4.

Okay, I seriously don't know if I can continue. This is just too gross. Chapter 200+ .

I mean, I could EASILY see thousands of severed arms and legs and heads, but THIS is over the top. You think Tetsuo morphing around because of AKIRA's power was bad? Yeah, you ain't seen sh!t yet. FOO.