Gantz

Godzilla

So I heard this was a pretty bloody series. How's it stack up to say Elfen Lied? I know that more guro =/= better story, for sure. But I'm always curious about the content of blood whenever it's prominent in an anime series. I consider it somewhat of a "perk" of the series.

OMG! I had nearly forgotten about that dog getting too curious with that one girl. BWHAHAHA!!! :lol: The sex threw me a little in the manga at first though, but it became funny a time or three!

gulp, gulp, gulp... tells Kei "I swallowed it." His look of WTF! was great! LOL!

Buy it cheap, because it's cheap thrills-wise.

http://www.stoptazmo.com/

You have to register to get Gantz, but its quick and you also have tons of other manga.

The manga is just too intense. It's not just mindless violence (Elfen Lied looks like it just has too much red paint when compared), it's how emotionally abused the character get and how you get to care for them and the relationships they have with each other. This thing has a love story more believable than most "serious" things out there. For all the insane action it has, Gantz ir really character driven.

The manga is just too intense. It's not just mindless violence (Elfen Lied looks like it just has too much red paint when compared), it's how emotionally abused the character get and how you get to care for them and the relationships they have with each other. This thing has a love story more believable than most "serious" things out there. For all the insane action it has, Gantz ir really character driven.

372696[/snapback]

I agree, but the story really doesn't start until around 50-100. Most of the first 50, or so, chapters read like a Quake tourny free-for-all with a whole-alot OWNZER/WTF! thrown in. Which, to be honest, you start to actually miss. Maybe's it's all of the Bleach & CLAMP I read that makes me think that. I dunno. But the 'fun' part went out the door around 150-170 for me. Now it's reading alot like a Samurai book. :huh:

haha, true. The latest translated episode, 225, is a complete soap-opera love story. It's "will the guy and girl get together?" instead of "will all the main characters be brutally dismembered?"

Just finished reading the 1st chapter of Gantz where those two kids happened to be transported to this new "world". Okay, I'm hooked.

That's for sure.

I've been wanting to reading something like this to follow up on Battle Royale novel I read a few months back. This might just fit the bill.

Spatula my man you ain't seen nothing yet! :lol: just wait till the violence starts to hit it's stride around 50-70. You're gonna love the upcoming siutations that only a manga can pull off. ;) But isn't Kei a total pussy in the beginning?!?

Gantz is a hellva ride, but also points out some odd things in "modern" society. Oh like how we except violence, yet are repulsed by actually doing it outside of a video game.

ZOMG... that girl!  Chapter 32!!! FAP FAP FAP!

Nice pet.  I'd hit it.

373803[/snapback]

LOL You got to the pet arc huh! That was some of the worst(funny) stuff!! :lol:

"Your MY pet! I own you. I can do what ever I want!" BWAHAHAHAH!!!

*teleport*

"Ah, hell NOOOOOOOO!" :o:lol:B))

Seriously though I loved how the author put the Balls stuff in ELITE. B))

You know what Gantz reminds me of now?

Battle Royale + Shadow of the Colossus. No really. You don't know who's gonna die (well actually you kinda do know), but as well, you have to wait and see which is the next alien they have to defeat. I'm at the 3rd battle now. PURE AWESOME. Let's see Wanda take that ALIEN FAGGGGOTTYYY FRAG DOWN!

chapter 87. DAMN! That 10 armed freak is da winning. I think the gem and lantern are the weak points. Dude, that long haired guy pissed me off but now I'm actually liking him.

Too late for the short haired hottie! (Actually, I think it's done over for her. DAMN!) This is about as sad as seeing Misato take the bullet.