Fatal Frame movie fastracked

This means so very little. Spielberg was also attached to that lame ass underwater show back in the 90's, which went onwhere. Just because he looks over a script over or puts his studio behind a work doesn't mean he is "involved" in the actual movie making process. The movie could turn out to be a bigger turd than the Super Mario Bros movie. I see this as "no news here". Has a good video game movie ever been made? No. I give this movie ZERO chance.

Edited by Duke Togo

This means so very little. Spielberg was also attached to that lame ass underwater show back i the 90's, which went onwhere. Just because he look sover a script over puts his studio behind a work doesn't mean they are "involved" in the actual movie making process. The movie could turn out to be a bigger turd than the Super Mario Bros movie. I see this as "no news here". Has a good video game movie ever been made? No. I give this movie ZERO chance.

You mean Seaquest? :huh:

At least they seem to be wanting to keep the japanese mythos intact instead of turning this in yet another teen urban legend movie. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Ya, I believe that was the title. He was the Executive Producer on it, but had no day to day input on the series. He just put his money behind it hoping to make money. That's the way the business works.

He did that on several other series too. And he wasn't exactly the only one to do that. :unsure:

Nope. Just goes to show that because they tack someone's name on something, doesn't mean you should expect it to measure up to their work. One thing I see alot of these days is promoting a TV show or movie using the Producer's name... as if they did the writing, acting, or directing. I laugh everytime I hear "From the makers of", which ALWAYS means the producers, and not the writers or the director.

This means so very little. Spielberg was also attached to that lame ass underwater show back in the 90's, which went onwhere. Just because he looks over a script over or puts his studio behind a work doesn't mean he is "involved" in the actual movie making process. The movie could turn out to be a bigger turd than the Super Mario Bros movie. I see this as "no news here". Has a good video game movie ever been made? No. I give this movie ZERO chance.

Whoa, what an amazing display of open-mindness. The first Mortal Kombat flick was at least a decent video game movie.

Name another videogame movie with the backing or name-attachment of an A-list or Oscar-winning filmmaker.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jolly Rogers

What does having an open mind have to do with this? Mortal Kombat was direct-to-video quality at best, and not what I would call a "good" movie. It just wasn't bad, like Street Fighter was. And I find it laughable that you think Spielberg's name being mentioned means he is attached to it. It means little outside of the fact his production company *might* be involved.