Megaman Maverick Hunter X

Hikuro

I picked up the game yesterday, its nearly completed but I'm having such a hard time with Storm Eagle, Sting Chameleon and Boomerang Kuwanger and I still got the 4 parts of Sigma's palace to go thru......ugh.

I was wondering if anyones already beaten the game and if I can get a copy of their saved game file so I can access the cut scenes and watch the OVA since a friend of mine has gotten me all jazzed about the damn thing....plus I wanna play Vile's story.

Strange...those enemies sound like the original SNES MegamanX enemies. Is this a remake or something?

The game's pretty hard. You gotta have all 4 energisers to really beat it and Sigma is @&*(!^$(! hard....IIRC like when I played this 8 years ago?

yes its a remake for the PSP, graphics engine and voice talent from those in X8 but with anime/3D cut scenes and there's a special OVA at the end of the X game which also unlocks a special Vile story mode which is like playing with X but with Viles point of view of the battle with Sigma.

I only got 1 boss left cause I went "DOH!" when I remembered the pattern to beat the bosses...

But that still doesn't stop me from wanting to watch The day of Sigma OVA.

just a bump cause I'm on the final level, and I know I'm gonna have one hell of a hard time if at all to beat Sigma since he has 2 forms and I also got to beat another boss prior to him.

366384[/snapback]

Sorry to break it to ya, but if i remember correctly, he has 3 forms! :lol:

1st one was pretty simple. 2nd one was pretty hard.... (you gotta save your energisers!!!) and the 3rd one is just a b**ch, cause you can only damage him with the largest charge your buster cannon can fire....yes, the one after you get the upgrade. And each largest charge buster cannon will only take one bar off his life. You have to shoot him like.....uhh...30-40 times before he bites the dust.

Enjoy, mate. ;)

hmmmmm nope guess he's only got two forms.

The first boss in IHX you fight his dog which takes considerable damage by charge shots.

Then you fight Sigma who has an energy sword, head laser and wall jumps. His weakness is Sparkshot.

THEN his final form is his head inside a bubble controling a wolf mechaniloid and as you put it, is a bitch.

I should of skipped X's arm part and gotten Zero's cannon, it would of done more damage. But yeah, fully charged shots are the only way to beat him and yeah it does suck it doesn't take much of anything out of him. I've done 15 tries in the last hour and the farthest I've gotten him down too was 1/3rd of his life depleted. Then he starts shooting stuff out of his shoulders and the only safe place I think was under his hand which I hope doesn't move......

There are a some number of differences in the new X1 game then the old.

Final boss of X1 is weak to to Rolling Shield. It has a weird firing pattern, but it's worth it. However, you probably will run out of weapon energy before he dies. Then use X-buster for the last 2 or 3 shots.

X4 with Zero is still the toughest IMHO, or final boss of X3 (even with the Z-saber you can die 20+ times before you get the timing/positioning right).

boss weaknesses.

chill penguin weak vs x-buster and flame thrower

storm eagle weak vs x-buster

flame mamoth weak vs storm eagles weapon

electric mandrill weak vs ice shotgun

change chameleon weak vs boomerang

armored armordillo weak vs electric shot

octopus weak vs. boomerang to cut off arms and rolling shot(armadillo)

boomer kuwanger weak vs homing torpedo just wall hop and stay at the top and fire down

sigma stages

Vile weak vs homing torpedo

Spider weak vs ice shotgun

giant face weak vs chameleon shot

dino tank weak vs electric shot

sigma's dog weak vs iceshotgun

sigma weak vs electric shot

mega sigma weak vs rolling shot to whats left of his head.

EDIT: to take out mega sigma jump off his platform hands and use rolling shield mid jump. floor slide to avoid the fire from his mouth, and the lighting strikes are easy to avoid.

Edited by renegadeleader1

You guys are talking about my favorite subject. I guess I should have stopped in yesterday to join you, but I was to busy beating the game. ;) And not just the X mode, but Vile's mode too. I have save files, if you want. I have everything for X (X's buster, not Zero's, no Hadouken), and I'm missing one sub tank for Vile. PM me if you need it.

My thoughts? I absolutely LOVED this game, and I'm glad that Inafune said they'd be going all the way to X6. Even though it was a game that I beat a ridiculous number of times already (I can kill Sigma's first form without being hit on the SNES version), the new art, anime, and boss patterns made everything feel fresh and new again.

Of course, it's not actually new. Even as I'd heard people gripe that the power ups were all in different locations, I've found that they're really not. The hearts and sub tanks are all in the same spots. As for the armor, they just changed which armor part is at which level, and moved the one in Chill Penguin's out of the open to a place that you still really can't miss. The new patters threw me for a bit of a loop (especially Sigma's first form and Armored Armadillo), but for the most part skill and knowledge from the original still apply (and, if you must know, I think MHX is actually easier than the original anyway). Having the anime and Vile mode helped make it more worthwhile, even if I did just pick up the X Collection, but it was still over VERY quickly.

And Chameleon Sting.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure you want to use Rolling Shield on Vile, and Boomerange Cutter on the D-Rex.

Edited by mikeszekely

X4 with Zero is still the toughest IMHO, or final boss of X3 (even with the Z-saber you can die 20+ times before you get the timing/positioning right).

How many did you play, David? I do remember Kaiser Sigma being a total pain, but I don't remember X4 with Zero being anywhere near as difficult as Gate in X6.

All (via SNES, Saturn, and PSX), and just went through all again in the collection (PS2). Beating X4 with Zero is purely a matter of luck for me---basically which heads attack and if Sigma's head does the "debris spewing" or "blowing into spikes" attacks most of the time. And how often he just starts off with "The End" so you never get to attack. So long as there's not too many "debris spewing" or "yellow head firing lightning" I can win--but I can find myself in a battle with nothing BUT those two attacks for like 6 rounds--and I'm dead. Once I dodged all the yellow head's attacks, but I have yet to actually figure out how.

Gate in X6---use one life tank. Other tank and the "limited" tank still in reserve. Of course, that too is based on luck, depending on what color orbs he tosses out. I hate the "two glowing squares" boss just before far more.

PS--I'm very annoyed they didn't fix ANY of the errors in the collection version of X6. Still typos and translation errors, and they still show Blizzard Wolfang's picture for EVERY boss in the summary. Also I think the Master Saber is supposed to turn the saber pink like in X5, but it doesn't.

PS--I'm very annoyed they didn't fix ANY of the errors in the collection version of X6. Still typos and translation errors, and they still show Blizzard Wolfang's picture for EVERY boss in the summary. Also I think the Master Saber is supposed to turn the saber pink like in X5, but it doesn't.

The way I understood it, they'd done entirely new scripts with new English voice acting... and Infafune himself wouldn't allow them to use it, because he didn't want the X Collection interfering with sales of Maverick Hunter X. He admitted at that time that he intended to continue remaking the X games through X6 in the Maverick Hunter style (as well as the classics through 8 in the Powered Up style), so Capcom of America is keeping the work done for the X Collection for potential use in the Maverick Hunter games.

Thanks Mike I'll PM you shortly.

The IHX game is fantastic, I really do think its my favorite X game of them all so far and I can't wait for 2 which is under developement.

I got really close lastnight on beating Mega Sigma, I had maybe 4 shots left to go and he would be down, but alas I zigged instead of zagged and got nailed by his hand coming down.

And Chameleon Sting.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure you want to use Rolling Shield on Vile, and Boomerange Cutter on the D-Rex.

366616[/snapback]

You might be right about the Dino tank. When I played through on the PS2 collection version I used the electric shot it seemed more effective than the other weapons, but now that I think about it I don't think I even used the bommerang cutter. As for Vile the homing torpedo tracks him off screen andwhen he flies so all you have to do is concentrate on jumping, avoiding him ramming you or his gunfire, while the torps do all the work.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering a Kuwanger is the Japanese term for cockroach.

Edited by renegadeleader1

As for Vile the homing torpedo tracks him off screen andwhen he flies so all you have to do is concentrate on jumping, avoiding him ramming you or his gunfire, while the torps do all the work.

But the Rolling Shield does more damage. Just jump over him when he rushes at you and drop a ball on him a few times, and the battle is over before you know it.