The big Masamune Shirow appreciation thread

bsu legato

The gong shoots these bullets that split into an X shape and I guess when it you, you'll feel like a gong. :unsure:

Heh, that's probably as good an explanation as any. :D I should probably get off my ass and get the Appleseed Databook anyhow. It IS worth puchasing, isn't it?

And I warned you not to click on the cosplay. <_<:p

Can you still find the English translation for the Data book?

Deleted

Edited by >EXO<

• 3 weeks later...

I did see a raw for Innocence a while back. Of course it's a raw so there are no subtitles... but if you want it, it could be you're not looking too hard. But the quality was crap, like a handheld 80's camcorder in a half lit theater.

As for Appleseed, nothing... Not even news of the DVD besides "It's coming." Well duh! Guess there's no chance of getting one before it hit American theaters. Speaking of which I hope they leave it undubbed. I thought Deunan's seiyuu was great, Bri less so, but no problems, and honestly I can't remember Hitomi's (I think it's a trauma blocked memory :blink: ). But Deunan's was a solid match, and I think it'd be a shame to lose it in favor of a whiny all-anime-women-talk-this-way American dub voice.

Edited by LePoseur

So maybe I'm just nuts, but I've had this urge to rewatch the old Appleseed OVA from the late 80's. Sure it glosses over nearly everything that gave Appleseed its depth, but it did have landmates and spider gunplatforms. Do any of you guys have any love for this old anime?

So maybe I'm just nuts, but I've had this urge to rewatch the old Appleseed OVA from the late 80's. Sure it glosses over nearly everything that gave Appleseed its depth, but it did have landmates and spider gunplatforms. Do any of you guys have any love for this old anime?

I thought it was a bit better than I was expecting, but the dub will remind you to get down on your knees and say thanks that anime companies find it harder to get away with things like that now... :rolleyes:

I thought it was a bit better than I was expecting, but the dub will remind you to get down on your knees and say thanks that anime companies find it harder to get away with things like that now... :rolleyes:

Is the dub really that bad? I don't think I've ever seen the OVA dubbed. :blink:

Yeesh, thank god for DVD then! Come to think of it, that old Dominion OVA had pretty painful dubbing too. I remember seeing some of it on TV years ago, and as much as I loved the original Dominion manga, I couldn't sit through more than two episodes of the OVA. All because of the damn dubbing.